She's Alive!!!

sandymachleish

Oct 22, 2007
My 70 Mach 1 is alive!!!! After working on her for the last month. Yes it ook me that long, I'am no mechanic. I wanted to try and do everything myself so it took that long. Installed a new starter assembly, plugs, wires, new holley carb, she still didnt want to start. My uncles were thinking that the timing chain jumped but I gave her a shot of ether and bingo! She didnt just start.......she growled. I cant tell you how happy I'am, the feeling is undescribable. Now for the brakes so I can take her for a spin.:D

• Sponsors (?)

As mentioned above make sure everything in the brake system is correct, and make sure to wear the brakes in properly before any hardcore manuevering. Would hate to see some unfortunate scratch or worse on the pony

Doing the brakes today, putting a new dash in. I'am just so happy when I shoud be feeling devasted, for those who didnt know the mach 1 was a gift from my father, he passed away this last Weds :(. The Mach 1 was his life and love, I know he sees from above and will always be with me when I'm taking her out. I really think it was his voice in my mind saying "ether, ether, ether"