shopping list...

89projectstang

Dec 14, 2005
alright, i parked my stang (had to take off the exhaust to move her cayse my cats are completely shot...heh oh well. Ive got a 96 Ford Probe as a daily driver now, till I can get my pony back on the road. So im going to assemble a shopping list of things that I need to get to get her back up and running without any problems. (oh yeah and of course upgrade her too!)

Rear End Swaying
Alright as some of you might now, my car had a severe problem with a swaying in the back end. I took it to several shops and they could not identify the problem, so im going to replace my entire rear end, wheels and brakes and im thinking that should solve my problem.

So,
im going to be upgrading my wheels from the 14" granny wheels that I have (and i mean they are ugly) to some nice 17" Bullitt wheels, going from drums in the rear to disc brakes and from the stock 4 banger gears to the good gears.

now to acheive this, here is my list.

4 x bullitt wheels w/ tires
2 x '94-95 front spindles
2 x hubs
2 x hubs nuts to spindle
2 x dust caps
4 x caliper mounting bolts.
2 x tubular A arms w/ SN95 ball joints
1 x rear end with the 8.8 gears
(or, if im correct, wouldnt the rear end out of a 88 TC be better, with different axels of course)
1 x e-brake cable

now i have a question regarding the brakes...if I wanted to get the brakes from a cobra mustang (the vented ones) what would I need to change, thats my eventual goal, might as well get em on while im doing this right?

also on this list of course...

1 x front swaybar from a 87-93 GT
1 x rear swaybar from a 87-93 GT

Exhaust
Alright im open for suggestion on this one, ive heard that for a turbo mustang two 2.5 pipes coming from a 3" downpipe is great. Now i dont have my turbo engine in as of yet (or even near finished being built) but thats again my eventual goal.

ok, i know im missing a bunch of things, care to fill me in? I need to develop a shopping list so I can start getting these parts.

• Sponsors (?)