Should I sell or wait?????

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by MeanGreen41, Dec 4, 2003.


  1. MeanGreen41

    MeanGreen41 Founding Member

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2001
    Messages:
    348
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Perry Hall Maryland
    I'm planning on getting an 04 in the spring, and was wondering if you guys thought it would be a good idea to sell MEANGREEN now, or leave it sit in the garage all winter and sell it in the spring?

    Thanks Bob
    #1
  2. merc123

    merc123 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2003
    Messages:
    1,997
    Showcase:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    37
    Location:
    North GA
    time = depreciation
    #2
  3. Morpheusgpr

    Morpheusgpr Founding Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2002
    Messages:
    251
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Indianapolis, IN
    I would want until summer at least. Winter does not typically lend itself to good sports car sales.
    #3
  4. LeadSled1

    LeadSled1 Founding Member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2000
    Messages:
    139
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Newark, De
    Sell it now before the end of the year. After December the car will be 8 model years old. Banks will only loan out to 7 years so the value will most likely drop a lot if you wait due to the difficulty in a person getting a loan for it. I sold my 97 last Friday.
    #4
  5. Tat98Cobra

    Tat98Cobra Founding Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2002
    Messages:
    681
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Definately wait till early spring. You'll lose nig time now - been there, done that. People want toys in the spring, and they get rid of them in the winter (supply & demand rule)

    peace
    #5
  6. suryo

    suryo Founding Member

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2001
    Messages:
    214
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Orange Park, FL
    Might as well and try to sell it now, since you'll be getting rid of it later anyways. No point in letting it sit when you canc lear the space now. Even if the market may not be right for it, it doesn't hurt to try. If someone is willing to buy it for around your price, go for it.
    #6

Share This Page