1. Stinger

Stinger Founding Member

I bought this to replace the sagging upper spoiler on the SVO...it's already painted the right color and everything...should I put it on there or the SVO?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stinger
  2. Dr_EluSivE

Dr_EluSivE Founding Member

looks pretty good actually. Not opposed to the idea. But then what about the SVO?

Dr.
  3. chaka

chaka Founding Member

I think it looks good on the LX. Is the sagging that bad on the SVO?

You plan on smoothing out where the spoiler was broken off on the bottom, right?
  4. 140cilx

140cilx Founding Member

no preference. I've got a spare I was gonna put on the LX myself - but since it's really not a 'vo I'm not planning to now. Don't need two cars w/ wings for me.
  5. Stinger

Stinger Founding Member

Well, if I do it then I'll fix the original badly sagging svo wing and reinstall it. I will smooth out the bottom so it fits right...

I just don't know...

Stinger
  6. StangerJon

StangerJon New Member

just get some bi-wing supports. I have seen some pics of cars that have them and they aren't that noticeable. and the people said they got them pretty cheap.
  7. Dr_EluSivE

Dr_EluSivE Founding Member

just a suggestion, but i dont see why you could not grind down a small strip section on the bottom of the wing and fiberglass in stiff piece of Flat steel. I have seen it done with other things, you just embed the steel into a ground out slot, cover it over with glass, smooth it out, and paint it. The steel would help keep it rigid and maintain the look of the original wing.

Dr.
  8. 351wcoupe

351wcoupe New Member

I think it looks pretty good where it is.
  9. Cougar

Cougar Founding Member

Your car has a very sleek look too it, and i don't think the bi-wing add's much to it. I'd put it on the SVO.
  10. mr_woodster

mr_woodster Active Member

Doesnt look bad at all, and since it is kinda the same thing as an svo (turbo 2.3 stang) i dont have anything against it except it takes away from the sleeperish look of it....so does that gauge pod though ;)
  11. Stinger

Stinger Founding Member

I don't think there is anything "sleeperish" about my car...paint, wheels, pod, etc just doesn't scream sleeper to me.

I will reinforce the wings with steel and a support...just haven't done it yet.

Still up in the air with this one...
  12. mr_woodster

mr_woodster Active Member

my version of sleeperish is non-gt /aftermarket body kit, no GT emblems etc....the things people accsoicate with "fast"
  13. Crovax

Crovax Type O Danzigative the Dark Founding Member

In my town a bare LX is just as dangerous. You have to be somewhere in between.
  14. Pro-Hawk

Pro-Hawk New Member

To me its still sleeperish, most of us has seen people put there money in to the wheels/ paint job first and the car is slow as hell ( like mine). Your car not only looks good, but can kick some ass also. Most people probly wouldn't think twice about your car thinking its just 4 looks. Don't get me wrong that other wing looks good on there, but your car looks pretty slick already and would fool a ton of people around my neck of the woods :nice:

***I'm not trying to put down these who put wheels etc on a car with no turbo/V-8 after all that is what I've done I'm trying to say most don't have the money for looks and power at the same time***