Sold my car. An era has ended.

RowdyRed94

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2000
St. Cloud, MN
Most of you don't know me. Aside from the posts that count, I had another few thousand in the OT forum.

I sold my car on Tuesday. It wasn't getting used, I didn't find the money to continue upgrades, and it was costing me money to insure and store in the winter. I have two small children now, and it was what I needed to do.

The day I sold it I saw two late model 'Stangs on the road. They were out for the first time since last year, I think, since we finally had a warm(ish) day here in Minnesota.

What's my point? To thank you all and the proprietors of this fine site. Back in the day, I studied every aspect of my car. I know it inside and out, and I can recite from memory the mods I had intended. It was a grand plan, as are all of yours. My consolation is that when I'm ready for another car, they will be better than ever. For now, my speed fix comes from my Suzuki Bandit 1200 S, fixed up for sport-touring.

Over the eight years I owned it I autocrossed it two dozen times, toured, burnt through two sets of tires in 20,000 miles, and generally enjoyed the heck out of it. For what I paid, I got my money's worth. It was a good time.

Here's a quick shot from our last moments together. :( Take 'er easy, folks!

Attachments

• IMG_3841 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3841 (Small).JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Sponsors (?)