some exhaust help/opinions

i am getting ready to tackle my exhaust. i have tried searching but couldn't find what i wanted. i really loved the sound of my old 87 gt. it had o/r bbk h-pipe to flowmaster 40 series that dumped. i would love to do that again, but my car came with a new bassani catted x-pipe and i have to pass emissions and don't want to swap out a o/r and catted every year. so my question is will flowmaster 40 series sound like crap with a catted x and with tails? also do you think that will give me a loud idle like i used to have? (i really want a loud idle) any input would be great. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the replys. yea that is what i have been hearing about the x-pipe with the chambered mufflers. and yea i will do a search for him. does anyone know if spintechs have a loud idle or not? also will the stock tailpipes effect my sound at all? also does anyone know if slp loudmouth sounds good with a catted x pipe?

you might wanna think about some dynomax race bullets. or slp exhaust. both sounds extremely aggressive, and go good with an x-pipe. they are also real nice and quiet inside the cabin with no interior resonance.