Some ?'s about running staggered rims.

I feel like a 265 on a 18x9 is almost perfectly square, but isnt a 275 around the limit you wanna put on a 9 inch wheel? On a different note, there is a kid with an Audi that lives in my neighborhood, lowered to hell, he was rolling his fenders (well attempting to) with an ice scraper the other day, and he runs a 215 on a 9.5" wide wheel! Now that looks like ****!

Well I was running Nitto 555's and Nittos run a little small from what I'm told. However, compared to the 265 BF's that were on the front before, they looked 100x's better.

• Sponsors (?)

I cant wait to order my rims....and threads like this are not helping my situation.:fuss:

Well mine wont be on my car until I have enough money to get lowering springs and new tires... It sucks but oh well, at least I cant look at them while they sit in my room. Now for lowering springs has anyone ran SVE lowering springs from Late Model Restoration? I'm so tempted to buy them but idk if they are too good to be true for the price, and I dont know what cc plates to run?

538566_3629465779170_1349874215_33490441_1159813733_n.jpg

Well I finally got mine lowered today and I used the SVE springs. Just did a short drive down the block but they are not overly stiff like others I have run. As far as the height, I measured the front springs and they were 1 3/4" shorter. I didn't do before and after measurments. I did leave the front lower isolaters out, I was looking for a slight rake in the stance. I should have it inspected this week and log some miles and have some more input.
On a side note I can't upload any pics because it says they are too large. HELP!!!!

275's tracked pretty bad with my old setup on 17's but the 18's now don't seem to track at all. Not sure why but that's how it seems.

It's not tire width but the shoulder of the tire and how the fronts match the rears.

A sharp shoulder makes for quick turn-in but tend to increase tracking with grooves in the pavement. Having a rear tire with a different shoulder than the front can make driving spooky at times, as the fronts will tramline while the rears won't or even worse, vice versa. It's not so much dangerous as just unpleasant to drive.

If I was going to run a staggered set-up on a Mustang I'd use the same tire front and rear. And accept that my car will never handle well with that setup.

Looks great! BTW after you wash your car use your air compressor to dry the rotors off to keep the surface rust off of them. Or just drive it for a short trip and that will knock it off as well. But those wheels look killer on that color!

Thanks guys I'm really happy with the way it looks, and I'm really surprised with how it looks with the stock springs.

Looks great! BTW after you wash your car use your air compressor to dry the rotors off to keep the surface rust off of them. Or just drive it for a short trip and that will knock it off as well. But those wheels look killer on that color!

I usually just drive it after because I go to the gym in the evenings so the rust goes away, thanks for the tip though!