Speed Concepts...Beware

I'm sure that most of you have heard of speedconcepts.net and even farther, a lot of you have heard of their reputation when it comes to customer service. Here's my story...

On June 15th I placed an order for their Cobra front brake kit, came out to about $480, paid through PayPal. I waited about a month and didn't hear anything from them except for two automated emails that only said "Order Status: Processing". So by this point I was getting a little worried and started to write emails and calling them, but not once did they write back and not once did I get anyone on the phone or a return call. Six weeks later on July 29th, I filed a complaint through PayPal in an attempt to get Speed Concept's attention and either get them to call me or just cancel my order. On August 1st I get an email from them saying "Order Status: Cancellation request", so I sent them a request for money through PayPal. The next day I get an email from PayPal saying they cancelled the money request. So now I'm thinking they're trying to screw me. So today I was on the Los Angeles county Better Business Bureau website filing a complaint and I logged onto my email account to get the dates for each email they sent me and noticed that they had finally refunded my money! This was by far the worst experience I've ever had with anyone I've bought anything from. Not only did I not get what I wanted, but not being able to get in touch with anyone was extremely frustrating.

Sorry it's long... I just wanted everyone to see this before they place an order with Speed Concepts. If you do a search on any Mustang forum, you'll find at least one thread just like this one about Speed Concepts.

So everyone keep this in mind and beware of Speed Concepts.

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

Well the install for the antenna and the head unit went pretty well. I stuck the antenna inside the dash on the HVAC ducting that runs behind the HVAC controls. Unfortunately I think I hooked it up to the wrong wire on the head unit. I used the wire labeled P ANT, but I'm just gonna call Kenwood and see what wire they recommend or I might just wire it to some other switched 12v source. I purposely didn't solder that connection because I wasn't sure of it. I'll let you know if/when I get it working right.

Dave

Damn, sorry to hear all the bad comments about them. I have dealt with them in 2 different occassions(sp?) and never had a problem. I ordered my 4.10s and the shocks and struts. I was worried about the 4.10s hitting the rev limiter so I called him up to see what he had to say, no BS, we were on the phone for about 20 min just talking away. The times I called them and had to leave a message, they always returned my calls, 3 times. Also, my shocks and struts were no problem either. Maybe they're having a hard time adapting to selling so many items. When I ordered, they didn't have the new website nor did they sell so many parts. My.02 cents.