Speedometer cable for autometer.

I gave up on my electric Autometer speedometer. The first one worked once in a while. I replaced the sender and the same deal. I ordered a new speedo and it came in broken! I ordered a third one and it is on back order!

I ordered a mechanical speedometer and a new Mustang II speedo cable. They don't match! Autometer sugjested getting a cable made at my local speedometer shop. What cables are you guys using with a mechanical autometer speedo?? Figure there must be some off the shelf cable from some other ford car maybe?? (C4 auto trans) Wonder where my local speedometer shop is :shrug: :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys. I spoke to autometer again and I think I have my electronic speedometer figured out. So the mechanical speedo is on hold. One was no good, and the other one was good. The one that worked once in a while, only works once in a while because the pin that drives the speed sender needs to be adjusted further into the speedometer gear. I have not tried it yet so I will keep my fingers crossed. It would be cool to know how fast I am going! 2000RPM is 80kmph and 100kmph in 2900. Still when there is a police cruiser behind you, a proper speedo whould be great:D

I spent the day screwin' with the Autometer electronic speedometer. I wasted a bunch of gas. I placed two red markers 2 miles apart and tried to calibrate the stupid thing. The farmers on that country road must of wondered what the hell I was doing!:rolleyes: Anyway Lokar has speedometer cables for Autometers regular speedometers, that is the route I am going now. The Lokar cable has the Ford style end at the transmission (C4 style) and the bolt on style at the speedo (GM style). The speed sensor and Electronic speedo are on there way back to Autometer!!

sp1502u.jpg

Lokar part number SP1502U.