stang vs. camaro

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverBullet99

Feb 19, 2004
hey all,
who do u think would win in a race. a stock v6 stang or a stock v6 camaro?? i no the v6 cam's have a little more hp and a tiny bit more toruqe, but i no the stangs are about 300 pounds lighter. (like 3,070 lbs vs. 3,360 lbs or something like that). has anyone with a v6 stang raced a v6 camaro? if so, how did u do? my friend has a v6 cam and wants to race my stang, but i wanna know how i would do 1st. my other friend has a z28 , but i wouldnt even think about touchin that.

• Sponsors (?)

SilverBullet99 said:
hey all,
who do u think would win in a race. a stock v6 stang or a stock v6 camaro?? i no the v6 cam's have a little more hp and a tiny bit more toruqe, but i no the stangs are about 300 pounds lighter. (like 3,070 lbs vs. 3,360 lbs or something like that). has anyone with a v6 stang raced a v6 camaro? if so, how did u do? my friend has a v6 cam and wants to race my stang, but i wanna know how i would do 1st. my other friend has a z28 , but i wouldnt even think about touchin that.

drivers race
i've layed waste to one before, it was close though. 300lbs makes enough of a difference.

if both cars are auto the camaro will kill the stang.

I've taken on an I-ROC Z and beaten it by about half a car length. It was very close, but I'd say it's my favorite kill to date. My brother drives a 2000 Six Camaro, but we haven't run yet. Kinda worried that, if we do, we won't be speaking for a bit...lol. He loves Chevy (Except the Corvette), and I stick with Ford (Except the Lightning).

Mean03V6 said:
I've taken on an I-ROC Z and beaten it by about half a car length. It was very close, but I'd say it's my favorite kill to date. My brother drives a 2000 Six Camaro, but we haven't run yet. Kinda worried that, if we do, we won't be speaking for a bit...lol. He loves Chevy (Except the Corvette), and I stick with Ford (Except the Lightning).

yah man 305 irocs are dogs man. ford 302's walk em all day, and yes our sixes can too :)

I used to own a 305 Iroc and it was no dog, it would spank both the 3.8s Ive owned. But my 5.0 wouldve takin it. What if the camaro was the stock 200 hp automatic with ground effects, and the mustang was a 5 speed with k&n and a gt takeoff exhaust with h-pipe? Does the stang stand a chance? BTW the stang is a 94 not the newer higher hp v6

RedStang88 said:
I used to own a 305 Iroc and it was no dog, it would spank both the 3.8s Ive owned. But my 5.0 wouldve takin it. What if the camaro was the stock 200 hp automatic with ground effects, and the mustang was a 5 speed with k&n and a gt takeoff exhaust with h-pipe? Does the stang stand a chance? BTW the stang is a 94 not the newer higher hp v6

My brother owns an Iroc. I have a 98 150 horse version. At the time we raced I didn't have the gears and we were neck and neck. I think (just my opinon) the 94-98 stang would need at least an induction mod to beat the 200hp camaro. but since the stang is lighter, either way I think it would be a good race.

Ron

RedStang88 said:

our sixes are dogs too, so its all good haha.
the 5spd mustang would probably win vs the automatic 3.8 camaro.
i own a hardtop 5spd 99 mustang and its not very fast, but i am still able to hang with 94-95 302 hard top 5spd mustangs.
i've raced my buddy's canary yellow 5.0L 4 times. the first two times i was almost door to door with him, the 3rd and 4th time i was fender to bumper to him.

i had a run-in with a 6'er '02 camaro in my '03. With all my mods, he still beat me by 1 car, but i was catchin him at the end. Auto's gears are terrible, in a racing situation, the 1st gear lasts past 40mph, too much time to drop the powerband and stay in one gear. Of course, i had about 200 lbs of dead weight in the trunk.

i don't think all the racing thats been spoken of has been at the track in this thread, but i've raced a camaro 6 at the track i dunno what year it was but i had it by about a second... they seem pretty weak

Funny this post comes up, I just raced my friends Camaro tonight. He has a '97 V-6 Auto with Custom Flowmaster 80 series (which I did for him). Thats the only mod he has. I have a '96 Mustang V-6, with Dual exhaust (Flowmaster 40's). We took off of the red light and he spanked me due to my back right tire being completly bald and spinning like crazy. Then we took it to the interstate and went from around 50 to 110. I had him by atleast 2 cars. I think with good tires we would have been pretty even off the light. He might have got me but i would have caught him.

Later,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.