Starting Questions

Okay, I replaced the head gasket and put everything back together. Got it finished up yesterday. Put oil in and coolant. Hooked the plugs and wires. Go to start it, it cranks over, but won't fire. I put the battery on a charger cuz it seemed like it wasn't getting enough juice, and went to start it this morning and again, no start, just cranking. (Yes, I have fuel :p ) I don't know what the problem could be, Im letting the battery sit on the charger again and Ill try it tomorrow. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

The car started fine before taking it apart, and I bought new plugs before restart, the other were caked in oil. The firing order and everything is right outta the Haynes manual. I took off the cap and wires as an assembly and marked them beforehand. TDC was set after removing the head, putting number one and four pistons at the top.

I tried to start it again yesterday. It didn't work. I dunno, maybe my timing is messed up or something, but I did everything like the books told me. The guide pin is lined up with the timing marks. I did everything the way the book told me and it wont start. When I tried to start it, it just kept cranking. It actually sounded like it was running one time when I pushed my foot on the gas, but it died out as soon as I let off and it sounded horrible while it was "running." I dont know, I need help, any help will do. Its been three weeks, I need my car :(