Starting t5 swap, part list help, please.

Also posted in classic forum, just wanna see what the 5.0 guys have to offer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, gathering parts for my t5 swap. I currently have a 65 coupe running a c4, 289 combo. I’m picking the transmission up tomorrow.

It’s a T5 from an 87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe 1352-155.

I know this trans. is not the strongest choice but I'm going to risk it, I’m only paying $75 for a 70k tranny. It will at least get me by a while on a daily driver.

Part List:
* Borg Warner T-5 5 speed 1352-155
* T-5 shifter
* T-5 Cross member
* T-5 Drive shaft yoke...........will the thunderbird T5 yoke work?
* T-5 speedo gear
* 65-66 Automatic Speedo cable
* Original transmission mount

* Late 5.0L Bell Housing......Does this have to be from a mustang? The reason I want to go late model is I want to use a cable operated clutch.

Would you recommend early clutch pedal assembly and modifying to use cable or late model and modifying to fit?

What clutch, throw out bearing and pilot bearing, should I use, T-bird or mustang?

Can I still use my stock 289/c4 starter? What about the flex plate?

Also If any one has any photos and dimensions of the after market cross members I would love to see them.

Also keep in mind I would like to stay w/ universal parts in case I switch to a 5.0L T-5 in the future. Thanks for all your help. Starting t5 swap, part list help, please.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, gathering parts for my t5 swap. I currently have a 65 coupe running a c4, 289 combo. I’m picking the transmission up tomorrow.

It’s a T5 from an 87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe 1352-155.

I know this trans. is not the strongest choice but I'm going to risk it, I’m only paying $75 for a 70k tranny. It will at least get me by a while on a daily driver.

Part List:
* Borg Warner T-5 5 speed 1352-155
* T-5 shifter
* T-5 Cross member
* T-5 Drive shaft yoke...........will the thunderbird T5 yoke work?
* T-5 speedo gear
* 65-66 Automatic Speedo cable
* Original transmission mount

* Late 5.0L Bell Housing......Does this have to be from a mustang? The reason I want to go late model is I want to use a cable operated clutch.

Would you recommend early clutch pedal assembly and modifying to use cable or late model and modifying to fit?

What clutch, throw out bearing and pilot bearing, should I use, T-bird or mustang?

Can I still use my stock 289/c4 starter? What about the flex plate?

Also If any one has any photos and dimensions of the after market cross members I would love to see them.

Also keep in mind I would like to stay w/ universal parts in case I switch to a 5.0L T-5 in the future. Thanks for all your help.

• Sponsors (?)