Steeda Pullies. Any good?

tfritz

Founding Member
Sep 27, 2001
SoCal
Hello fellow Stangers!

I was curious about the Steeda Pullies. It'll be my last mod until I can land another job (Contract is ending, no hire, no worky = no money) :nonono:

Will I experience any side effects? (unlike my exhuast lol loss of hearing.)
Slows down water pump? Not enough power, not running Alternater strong enough? These things I heard, they plagued the 95-96 5.0s and not the new Modular 4.6.

Any imput fully appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Some of us have experienced an increase in engine harmonics with the steeda crank damper pulley. I know Blown46Cobra and I have talked about it. My vibe sounded like "static" above 6k RPM, but it went away (mostly) after I replaced teh clutch and t/o bearing. He (blown4.6Cobra) had to put the stock damper back on.

This seems to be a really hit and miss problem, and other than that there are no issues at all with this pulley set.

I've had them on my 99 cobra for about a year, and had no problems with cooling, charging or vibrations at all. I didn't even really notice a difference in what the gauges normally read during operation. Stayed nice and cool even in Savannah in the summer. I could feel a difference SOTP, and would highly recommend-

GotGrunt said:
Great buy with the Steeda UDP's. One thing though, It caused some crazy belt squeal. New factory belt wouldn't solve it. I needed a shorter belt.

Nothing a little soap won't fix huh? :D

Olgraycar,

Thanks for the luck on the job search, need all I can get in this market. :nonono:

I hope that does not become a serious problem with mine.

I'm also thinking with my budget I should be able to just get a K&N filter. Does K&N make any CAI setups? or just the filter. :shrug:

A friend of mine had belt noise on his.... a shorter belt is a band aid though. The real problem is the belt tensioner. We replaced it on his and have had no problems. Hes had them for almost 3 years now. No issues.

I had them, they were great. Make sure you torque the crank pulley bolt correctly though! Only thing I noticed was the alternator guage showed charging voltage was a bit lower than before (due to spinning alt slower) but it was still in the 'normal' range.

peace

tfritz said:
I hope that does not become a serious problem with mine.

I'm also thinking with my budget I should be able to just get a K&N filter. Does K&N make any CAI setups? or just the filter. :shrug:

Yeah Man, K&N makes the FIPK CAI kit:
http://www.performance-air-filters.com/fipk.html

but if you can swing a few more $$$ (for now), I'd suggest you give this a look:
http://www.cnlperformance.com/80mm_96-01.html
It also comes with a K&N conical filter in the kit.

The C&L 80mm MAF is one of the few mods I've added that actually lives up to the advertised HP increases. I dynoed with the stock MAF and then swapped out the MAF for the C&L in about 20 minutes................. instant 13 RWHP increase. The '01 Cobras have a tendency to be set pig rich on the A/F ratios from the factory and the C&L tends to lean it out, which translates to better A/F numbers with no other adjustments.
Just a suggestion..............................:shrug:

OleGrayCar said:
Yeah Man, K&N makes the FIPK CAI kit:
http://www.performance-air-filters.com/fipk.html

but if you can swing a few more $$$ (for now), I'd suggest you give this a look:
http://www.cnlperformance.com/80mm_96-01.html
It also comes with a K&N conical filter in the kit.

The C&L 80mm MAF is one of the few mods I've added that actually lives up to the advertised HP increases. I dynoed with the stock MAF and then swapped out the MAF for the C&L in about 20 minutes................. instant 13 RWHP increase. The '01 Cobras have a tendency to be set pig rich on the A/F ratios from the factory and the C&L tends to lean it out, which translates to better A/F numbers with no other adjustments.
Just a suggestion..............................:shrug:

That sounds awsome! and exactly what I've been looking for. But damn the cost for a filter?
10699 80mm MAF System 1999-2001 4.6L Modular Mustang $269.00 ????$$$$$$ I wouldn't of thought. wow! :eek:

Any place else sell it cheeper? :shrug: