Steeda Sport & Comp Springs

• Sponsors (?)

I am looking more for handling. One of my current problems is when I have anyone in the back seat and hit a small bump, the rear tires rub (ouch). So, I not really concerned about the ride height (looks) as much as handling.
Peace,
Joe:flag:
For handling, you'll need a bumpsteer kit. IMHO, get MM or nothing!

Also, for handling, lowering more than ~3/4" to 1" requires a lot ($$$) of mods!

Remember, the GT is a LOWERED platform to start with! Lowering the car too much (without the required additional $$$$ mods) introduces a lot of bumpsteer and a lot of camber changes

Instead of listening to people that don't run AutoX, circle track, etc, consider what Ford did with the 95 Cobra R - a very limited circle track oriented edition car that was only available to race teams (BTW: no radio, no AC, etc - pure race only car!). And, what Ford did with the Mach1 and Bullitt.

The sn95 platform is a "lipstick on a pig" :) upgrade of the zillion-year old Fox chassis. But, at least Ford finally put some reasonable brakes on the Stangs for the sn95s!

I was just reading the "best and worst mod" thread and it seems some are not happy with lowering springs (in general). The reason I am even considering this change is my mentioned rear wheel rub when someone is in back seat and I hit a bump.
I am now wondering if I should go with coil-overs instead of lowering springs altogether.
What is forum opinion?
Thanks,
Joe

I was just reading the "best and worst mod" thread and it seems some are not happy with lowering springs (in general). The reason I am even considering this change is my mentioned rear wheel rub when someone is in back seat and I hit a bump.
I am now wondering if I should go with coil-overs instead of lowering springs altogether.
What is forum opinion?
Thanks,
Joe

Mine does too, no one sits in the back hardly. Try subframes, and swaybars, should help much better than springs.
Although I say that and in my convertible I chased RS4 Porshe(all wheel drive) through a long corner. With only lowering springs and up and lower control arms in the back. I still only had the turbines with drag radials in the back. The guy was surprised to say the least.