Steeda vs Bama custom tunes

Discussion in '2010 - 2014 Specific Tech' started by Z to stang, Jan 31, 2012.

1. bigb427

bigb427 Member

I don't understand the point you are trying to make, or what you consider a "crock of crap" as you put it.

I agree with that statement, so what's the problem?

Just a few weeks a ago we had a 2011 Mustang 5.0 in for the concern spelled out in the TSB. We found it had an aftermarket tune, CAI, and exhaust on it. The customer had to flip the bill on the replacement engine. I'm fairly certain that our zone rep was involved in the decision to void the powertrain warranty on this car.

2. Bad Boss 302

Bad Boss 302 Member

After reading this I have made up my mind. Looks like I'll go with Steeda for a CAI and tune.
    I think there are a lot of tune jockey's out there. Steeda is a big outfit and I don't think they would put out a tune they weren't sure of. As some of the folks have stated here, the PCM on these cars are way more complicated than ever before. Ya know that it's way more than timing and fuel tables. The wild card is cam phasing and more. The first thing that I'd do is have the car dyno'd to chart the A/F to redline. I see why Ford is cracking down on bogus tunes. My 2 cents.

3. wrathchild

Founding Member

+1 for Steeda here. I had a Bama tune. There were issues that were not able to be cured with the Bama tune. Steeda tune cleared it right up.

Bad Boss 302 likes this.
  4. rmat16

rmat16 New Member

Steeda all the way. I've got their CAI, tune, ultralite springs, HD upper mounts, and panhard bar and everything is top notch.

Flawless tune that provides gobs of power while still being conservative.

5. Long Stroke

Steeda Staff

Awesome, thats what we Love to hear!!

6. Ford4me

Ford4me Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I'm using BAMA from AM. No problems to date.

7. 94GTLaserRC

94GTLaserRC Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my

This man PERSONALLY did my Dyno Tune. Love it, and have sent others there. Wont say anything bad about Bama because I dont know. I do know that Steeda's tune is safe and awesome.. My AFR is pegged at 11.94 at WOT. Picked up OVER 40 HP and 35 TQ with it at the wheels.
    RC

8. hillie16

hillie16 Buford T. Justice
    Founding Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm researching. Hoping to finally get in to adding some mods this summer. How is Steeda with tunes AFTER installation? It appears from what I'm reading, Bama provides free tunes if I add other mods down the line.....

9. 642mx

642mx Member

You should call Steeda, but I was told that I would be taken care of, as long as I bought my performance parts from them.

10. beviking

beviking Member

Can't say personally but you don't get a rep as good as Steeda has by leaving customers out in the cold. Call 'em and let us know :)

11. Steve491

Steve491 Member

Original post was Steeda vs Bama custom tunes. There have been several opinions of both.

***Any time you modify a vehicle you risk the possibility of voiding the warranty*** Duh!

Most of us already have hand held tuners, I hold an SCT from Americam Muscle with multiple tunes from Bama.
    What are the options for us guys with mods and tuners regarding tunes? In other words, does anybody have a current list of companies that do mail order tunes?