stereo install = guage problems

ezkartpro125

Jul 3, 2003
florida
ok, i have a 2000 stang and it had the premium sound system, not the mach, but the factory one with a cd player, i just installed a new kenwood headunit, a jl amp, and a kicker solo baric sub, as well as new door speakers, man does it sound tight. but i have a problem now. ever since i installed the headunit, when i start my car, it takes like 20 seconds b4 any of my gauges start to function. i mean they are all off. no odometer even, then they turn on, the odometer flashes a bunch of wierd looking numbers and then it shows my normal mileage. any body know whats up?

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have any under drive pulleys on your car?? Did you do install yourself?

I'm just wondering if the system is draining the power on your car, if it is charging fully, like to much of a power draw or something like that. You should ask this question in the sound and shine forum, there is some good stereo peeps in there that would know what to do.

ezkartpro125:

First off write down those numbers that flash. Then go talk to a Ford dealer. The numbers are probably a code letting you know what is wrong. Also note how many times the numbers flash, long flashes, short flashes, etc.... Also note exactly how long it takes before your gauges start. Armed with this information your Ford dealer should be able to help you out.

Doc