Sticky tires besides DR's..

big T

Feb 25, 2004
Hawaii, oahu
Help me pick a good sticky street tire besides nittos. Michelin PS-2, bfg KD, bridgestone re050, Pirelli Rosso, Yokohama Advan sport and lastly Toyo RA's (r compound, but 8/32 tread depth). I know nitto DR's r hard to beat for the street, but just wanted to see if others are pretty good.

• Sponsors (?)

BFG G-Force KD are the next thing to a DR.

Ive heard good things about the KD's. How would they do at the drag strip? I know they have a 200 treadwear rating where some of the others I posted go down to a 140-180 treadwear. How do u determine how sticky a tire will be anyway as I always went by the UTQG...the lower, the stickier.

If I remember, the lower the tread wear number the less time it lasts right? And most of the time, the lower that tread wear the softer the compund, and thus the stickier the tire. In my experience (not much! ) the higher the harder the compound the less the stickyness. I used those cheaper Fuzion ZRI tires on my alst stang. Nice looking tire, actually very nice tread pattern and can get in big sizes. They did pretty damn well at the track. With 4.10 gears I hooked better than I have on any other street tires I have played with. But then again, I never buy really expensive tires either.