Stock 93 Radio Question

wuzfast

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2000
I've got a stock radio in my '93 worker Mule and it crapped out. Went to the junkyard and found lots of radios that look just like it, but the plugs on the back are wrong. Mine has one large plug like the others but also has a small square plug on a blue cable that goes to what I guess is an amp under the passenger seat. What other cars had this radio besides the 93 Mustang? I can't find one in any other Ford so far!:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Still Looking

Haven't found one yet! Does that radio have that small square plug that goes to the under seat amp? I could put something else in there if I really wanted to spend the money, but it's just my work car. I'm looking for a cheap plug & play solution and not really looking to upgrade or go fancy. If that radio would just plug into the hole I might be interested, but if it is going to be a new install and rewiring......thanks but no thanks. I've got a Bose in the Vette if I want to blow my ears out at 170mph. The little Stang will have to stay stock or go without if I can't find another one just to slide in the stock hole.

It's just my work car. Lots of stone dependable miles on it ( 260,000 ). I've got other cars with the good stuff, But I still would just like a radio in it that works.

glowstang93 said:
Here is what I have. It worked fine approximately 1 1/2 years ago when I changed to indash cd player. It is a premium sound radio that was hooked to the factory amp under passenger seat. Just pm or post if you think it will work for you and what I can do to help.
View attachment 422723

View attachment 422725

View attachment 422727

You sure thats a Prem Sound Radio? Mine had Prem sound, but it had a Graphic equalizer with VU bar graph on it. The EQ sat just under the radio where your storage pocket is. Mine is a 92 though

Dr.

Yea, its premium sound. It has the dash, door and back speakers. The speakers all had the little sticker on the back that said "premium." Thats kinda funny considering they are paper speakers. My JL's are definitely more premium than those were:) Here is a pic of my window sticker. The 3rd line on the option side says am/fm cassette premium. I know that the equalizer was an option, as well as the cd player was an option too, but just not too many had the cd player from factory.

View attachment 422673

Dr Elusive, I have a 92 Mustang brochure if your interested in having one. Just let me know.

I could scan it , but the pages would be in pieces. The brochure pages are bigger than 8 1/2 by 11. Your choice, let me know. It's in a box back in my closet, but I'll dig it out for you if you want me to. Anything for a fellow bimini bluer (remember I used to have a 92 bimini).