stripe removal

• Sponsors (?)

matthewpompiio said:
I have the Exterior Sport Appearance Package with

Lower Bodyside Sport Tape Stripe in White.

Anybody remove it and how.

Thanks Matt

I had the dealership remove it before I drove off the lot. I think a hair dryer will take it off easy enough. Some people have taken theirs off withput a hair dryer on a hot day.

you can pick up a 3M stripe off eraser wheel that mounts to a drill for about $10. it will rub the stripe off the car, with no damage to the paint. just another idea besides the heat gun trick....

Matt,

I just removed mine yesterday, guess what I used? My fingernail. If it is above 70 outside and your car is not more than a couple months old it should just come right off and what doesn't just keep at it and then when you are done you might want to re-wax that part just to get it to shine! It was a piece of cake and took a whole ten minutes to do both sides. You don't need any special tools (or non-special tools). Once you get it coming off it peels right off!

:D

Yep, poke up the corner(s) with your fingernail and let 'er rip! Like some folks have said above, if it's a very warm day you can probably do it without anything more than that. However, I used a hair dryer on mine and had both sides off within 15 minutes with NO trace of adhesive or anything else.