stroker opinions

ProKiller

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2002
PA
so by my sig you can see what i'm running now. but what it doesn't say is that it has 118k miles on it with at least 15k being supercharged. all on the stock bottom end. i want to throw in a stroker short block. the question is what and from where?

331 D.S.S. is what i'm leaning toward with stud girdle and low compression pistons.

are 331s more boost freindly for street cars(not daily, but close enough)? what you guys think? i know we got some conflicting opinions.

• Sponsors (?)

Dump the DSS idea. I've heard more bad things about those motors than good, plus there are many other companies out there with far superior products. Remember, don't skimp out on the shortblock, that is the foundation. A 347 is just as streetable as a 331, so I would opt for the 347 if you aren't planning to enter any type of racing class that has CID requirements/limitations. Bennett and CHP have top notch products - I would check into them.

Joe

hey i got a prof. built supercharged 418.. All you need a different oil pan and MAF.. :lol:

Anyways how good are you mechanically? I say build your own... I built my 331 and it wasn't hard at all... Plus you can get all forged stuff this way for equal or under the price of one that has already put together with weaker parts.

Just an idear.