Stuck don't know what to do next.

SuperDust22

The Power of Pixie Dust?!
Oct 19, 2003
Gilbert,AZ
The last mod I did was the cobra intake. That gave me okay power. Now I don't know what I want to do next. I am doing my tanny for sure but other than that I am stuck. I want to lose some of the weight on my car. What are some cheap ways to do that? Also I want to get better traction? I want to know where the best places are to get cheap parts on upper and lower control arms, subframe connectors. I want a cheap but quality parts. I also have eibach pro kit springs. They ride really really really hard. I don't know if that is the springs are or if that is just how mustangs drive. I would like to get some better riding springs for the street but that will still do good at the track. And last I am thinking of swapping for a C4 tanny anyone have any advice on that. I don't know if I should build my AODE or build a C4.
Thanks
Dustin

• Sponsors (?)

Skip the chip. Subframe connectors are nice. You can get uncoated ones from Maximum Motorsports for like $89 and then just paint them yourself. Steeda has some good aluminum upper and lower control arms. The first mod I'd do would be a higher stall torque convertor. That will wake everything up.

Jake

Heads and cam are in the furture. I am looking to do that end of summer. But until then I want to do alot of cheap mods that will help me out. I will be doing a stall converter in about week and a half(over spring break). I just don't know what tanny I am going to do it on. Either I will take my aode out and rebuild it and put a aftermarket stall on it or I will build a nice C4 up(transbrake,stall, manual vavle body, etc). The only problem is I do alot of everyday driving and I don't know how I would like a 3 speed.

I just got my battery (optima) and mounted it in the back (Taylor kit) and (a) it looks awesome and (b) the car launches better !!!!

On the street it noticeably handles better.. I'd say way better "seat-of-the-pants" than subframe connectors (which I also have)..

but subframes are a bang-for-the-buck mod, $100 installed usually..

I am doing a TC in about a week and a half. I still don't know what trans I am going to do it for. My AODE or a C4. I was wondering what else I could do? And does anyone have any opinions about was I should do with my tanny?

Killer, RC I need you guys.

I know I have misspelled a couple words so RC should be in here in a minute. :D

What stall are you getting? Upper and lower control arms and subframes should help your sixties. You don't need a fuel pump with your mods until you get to heads and cam. The only other thing you could do to help your suspension (for drag racing) would be to get rid of the lowering springs and either get some Eibach drag springs or Fox 4cyl. spring and some 70/30's for the front and 50/50's in back.

Jake

I'm going to have to go with the majority and say a converter. I would build the AODE. It is just as strong as the C4, plus you get to keep the OD. It costs a little more, but if you car is your daily driver, which it is, it would be the extra cash.

Joe

GTJake said:
What stall are you getting? Upper and lower control arms and subframes should help your sixties. You don't need a fuel pump with your mods until you get to heads and cam. The only other thing you could do to help your suspension (for drag racing) would be to get rid of the lowering springs and either get some Eibach drag springs or Fox 4cyl. spring and some 70/30's for the front and 50/50's in back.

Jake
I think I will get a stall around 3000 give or take some. I don't know which brand yet either. I was thinking PI but I don't know if I want to spend that much. I might go with an ART CARR. Where would be the best place to buy upper and lower control arms and subframes. Also how will the drag springs ride compared to my springs now and where is the best place to buy them? And what does 70/30's for the front and 50/50's in back mean? Is that the stiffness of the springs.
Joes95GT said:
I'm going to have to go with the majority and say a converter. I would build the AODE. It is just as strong as the C4, plus you get to keep the OD. It costs a little more, but if you car is your daily driver, which it is, it would be the extra cash.

Joe

I think I am just going to build my AODE. I will spend the extra moeny for it to be more of a daily driver. Now I need to frigure out what I am going to do with the tanny. I need to call art carr tomorrow. I don't know what I am going to build it up with. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Thanks guys. Any more ideas.

SuperDust22 said:
I think I will get a stall around 3000 give or take some. I don't know which brand yet either. I was thinking PI but I don't know if I want to spend that much. I might go with an ART CARR. Where would be the best place to buy upper and lower control arms and subframes. Also how will the drag springs ride compared to my springs now and where is the best place to buy them? And what does 70/30's for the front and 50/50's in back mean? Is that the stiffness of the springs.

The PI's seems to have some good results. I know RC will tell you it's worth the money. For subframes I would do either Griggs or MM. Upper and lowers can be had at Steeda, UPR, D&D and tons of other places. I have no first hand expirence with drag spring so I can't comment on the ride, but you probably won't be able to take corners like you can now with them. 70/30's are a type of strut. They let the front end lift off a little better and aid in weight transfer. 50/50's are a type of shock and help with traction. A free mod you could do would be to just yank the front sway bar for the track.

Jake

50/50, 70/30, 90/10, are all shock or strut "rates". The first number is the percentage of rebound up, and the other is the rebound down. For example, a 90/10 has 90 percent of it's rebound up and 10 percent of it's rebound down. That is what makes it a good drag strut because it allows the front end to lift very easily because it's so loose.

Joe

SuperDust22 said:
Okay now where would I get a cheap set of struts. And how will caster camber plates help me out. As for build my AODE what do you think I should do to it. How much would a manul valve body and transbrake really help me.
Art Carr seems like a reputable company to go with. Make sure you get a big enough converter. I would defintely get a transbrake for the trips to the track. A manual valve body would help out a ton, but that's if you want to shift the car yourself.

Joe