Stumpy's Traction Bars

jeffnoel

Founding Member
Aug 31, 2002
Clovis, CA
OK he's announced it over on .net so I'm posting it here. Stumpy, the guy that has been selling weld-on and bolt-on SFCs (that he designed) on eBay will soon have TRACTION BARS available. I know he has completed the prototypes and has them mounted on his car for testing and says they work great. Below is a picture of the prototypes before he installed them.

getfile.php?id=107403&toggle=fullsize&filename=Mustang%20II%20

Attachments

• getfile.php?id=107403&toggle=fullsize&filename=Mustang%20II%20
    22.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Sponsors (?)

jeffnoel said:
OK he's announced it over on .net so I'm posting it here. Stumpy, the guy that has been selling weld-on and bolt-on SFCs (that he designed) on eBay will soon have TRACTION BARS available. I know he has completed the prototypes and has them mounted on his car for testing and says they work great. Below is a picture of the prototypes before he installed them.

OTE]

Those look alot like SS bars

Attachments

• getfile.php?id=107403&toggle=fullsize&filename=Mustang%20II%20
    22.4 KB · Views: 233
I've got Stumpy's connectors, and suggest them to everyone I know. I'm sure he knows what he's doing, but I can honestly say, the bars in that particular picture won't work on any MII I've ever seen. The drivers side shock mounts in front of the axle. Maybe he's corrected that on the production bars?? :shrug:

That's odd, I just looked under my 78 Cobra and the drivers side rear shock mounts behind the axle on my car. Did shock locations switch somewere along the line? Maybe he has them designed for both setups? It's a possibility.

I have looked under my car and at the pics. And I see the same thing, passenger side mounts in front of the the axle and the driver's side mounts behind the axle. So again I ask is it possible that shock locations vary by year or car?

jeffnoel said:
I have looked under my car and at the pics. And I see the same thing, passenger side mounts in front of the the axle and the driver's side mounts behind the axle. So again I ask is it possible that shock locations vary by year or car?

Heh, sorry, I'm a dumbass. I typed it backwards. But my point was that the bars pictured have both mounts in the rear, so I don't see how they would work.

Here is part of a email from Stumpy,

"You and the rest are correct, the shock mounts on the M-II's are stagered. Driver side is BEHIND the axle, passenger side is in FRONT of the axle. This set was designed to cunfuse whoever might try to copy them, lol. On the SSM bars, mine are different, if you look the only similarities are that they both bolt to the spring using the axle u-bolts. The rear springs on these cars are so short you would not have any advantage to adding those " universal" type traction bars to these cars. Mine are also longer then the SSM to get the full amount of leverage i could get."

He seams to be on top of things and has a well designed product that a bunch of us can't wait to get our hands on.

I've installed a set of his bolt-on subframe connectors and they were flawless. Perfect fit. If he does go ahead with the traction bars, you can bet I'll be one of his first customers. :hail2:

jeffnoel said:
Here is part of a email from Stumpy,

"You and the rest are correct, the shock mounts on the M-II's are stagered. Driver side is BEHIND the axle, passenger side is in FRONT of the axle. This set was designed to cunfuse whoever might try to copy them, lol. On the SSM bars, mine are different, if you look the only similarities are that they both bolt to the spring using the axle u-bolts. The rear springs on these cars are so short you would not have any advantage to adding those " universal" type traction bars to these cars. Mine are also longer then the SSM to get the full amount of leverage i could get."

He seams to be on top of things and has a well designed product that a bunch of us can't wait to get our hands on.

So he reads but doesn't post?

I wonder what that's about.

Stumpy, you don't have to worry about anyone copying that design. That is, if they have an I.Q. above room temperature.

Keep plugging away, Man. At least someones trying.

After hearing you guys talk about his subframe connectors I decided to buy a set. I must say I was impressed and think they were well worth the money. Originally I was going to design & build my own but stumpy saved me a lot of time that I can use working on something else. Didn't he post here before? I remember a less-than-favorable reception (cough*Wart*cough).

Vince said:
After hearing you guys talk about his subframe connectors I decided to buy a set. I must say I was impressed and think they were well worth the money. Originally I was going to design & build my own but stumpy saved me a lot of time that I can use working on something else. Didn't he post here before? I remember a less-than-favorable reception (cough*Wart*cough).

Care to remind us?

IIRC it appeared he was trying to use the forum to sell his wares.
{edit}
Vince, I just remembered. Your The Fabricator. You would rather buy than build?? That's not much of a reference. For you.
Or are you shilling.?

danimaltheanima said:
Does anyone have Stumpy's info so I can get a hold of a set?

He doesn't have them ready for sale yet, just finished the prototypes and is waiting on materials from a supplier. When there ready an announcement will be made and you'll see them on eBay with his SFCs.