Stupid 'Vette Owner...[Rant]

zZsKyZz

Dec 1, 2005
Last night me and my girl were on our way to meet some friends at Coopers sea food house for a few drinks because they just opened the outdoor tiki bar. She ment me at work and we cruised down once I got out. It was a beautiful 75* night, so I had the top down and was just cruising there. As we pull into the parking lot a 35ish looking guy is pulling out with his girlfriend in an 02 black corvette.. It looked great and everything. So as I pull in and he's pulling out he laughs and goes "heh, stupid mustangs"....

I got a little ticked off, put the car in reverse, and went after him... After about 2 miles he pulled into a gas station and I pulled up next to him. He goes "Oh, I didn't mean anything by it, it's just the GM vs Ford thing... And I mean... We both know I'd win anyway..."

With my car VS his vette we all know he would win.. But it got me thinking... I know that 75% of you guys have HCI/Stroked/Supercharger/etc cars and could take this guy down without even thinking twice....How big of a blow on the guys ego do you think that would have been?

It just pisses me off that because a guy spends 60k on a car he thinks he owns the road. Hell, even with my bottle full I doubt I coulda touched him, but a HCI+sprayed stang.... it'd be a good fight.

I'd just love to see the look on the pricks face when he lost... or was atleast kept up with. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

n47913647_31131342_6132.jpg

Take your frustration with one vette guy and multiply it by about 200 and that is how I feel this weekend since that is about how many vette's are across the creek from my house for Vette's in the Valley. And as I was explaining to my girlfriend they all have the same attitude that they have the fastest thing out there because it says corvette on the back of it.

I think that's just about everybody with an expensive "fast" car, especially if they've done ANY work on it(not by themselves, of course). That's why I'd love to have a sleeper. :D A V-8 Miata will be my next project car, if I ever win the lottery or something.

There are some cool guys that drive Vette's, and those cars can be made very fast. There's a local guy here building a TT C5 Z06 that's looking for about 900rwhp. :eek:

Don't sweat it too much...........:)

I've beat and/or stayed with many vettes in my stang. If you check out my sig, you'd think I was lying big time. However..........most of the drivers couldn't drive their cars or they got distracted with my car staying beside theirs. I never counted on besting any of them, but it turned out that way more times than not.

I have found that since my exhaust mods were completed, Vette owners tend to shy away whereas they used to provoke a confrontation. Granted, I'm basically sporting a stock engine, but it sure does sound nice. Can't wait to install an h/c/i upgrade this fall to put some bite with my bark. :)

Going fast only lasts a few seconds or at most, brief minutes. A good loud exhaust always gets attention.

There are a lot of nice vette owners that appreciate stangs and other cars. I've come across real jerks in just about every car, too. I own my car and don't envy anyone elses, so I just enjoy my stang and appreciate the hard work others have done on theirs.

Don't sweat it too much...........:)

I've beat and/or stayed with many vettes in my stang. If you check out my sig, you'd think I was lying big time. However..........most of the drivers couldn't drive their cars or they got distracted with my car staying beside theirs. I never counted on besting any of them, but it turned out that way more times than not.

I have found that since my exhaust mods were completed, Vette owners tend to shy away whereas they used to provoke a confrontation. Granted, I'm basically sporting a stock engine, but it sure does sound nice. Can't wait to install an h/c/i upgrade this fall to put some bite with my bark. :)

Going fast only lasts a few seconds or at most, brief minutes. A good loud exhaust always gets attention.

There are a lot of nice vette owners that appreciate stangs and other cars. I've come across real jerks in just about every car, too. I own my car and don't envy anyone elses, so I just enjoy my stang and appreciate the hard work others have done on theirs.

Well, like I was saying... It was a beautiful car... It just seems like everyone that owns a vette/supra/new $$$ car thinks they're god because they have a fast $$$ car... It gets to me..

I work at an auto-parts store and there are a few guys with nice 'vettes or such car and they're great people.. But I've noticed that they are far and few between... Now on the other hand there are guys who own 67 camaros, chevelles, mustangs, etc.... And I've never had a problem with any of them.. They come in, BS with you, and they're nice about everything... All the guys with newer cars seem to say "I need this, now."

...Sad thing is that I'd bet $485950483930302928349940 that the older muscle car could smoke the newer vette/mustang/supra... :hail2:

Well, like I was saying... It was a beautiful car... It just seems like everyone that owns a vette/supra/new $$$ car thinks they're god because they have a fast $$$ car... It gets to me..

I work at an auto-parts store and there are a few guys with nice 'vettes or such car and they're great people.. But I've noticed that they are far and few between... Now on the other hand there are guys who own 67 camaros, chevelles, mustangs, etc.... And I've never had a problem with any of them.. They come in, BS with you, and they're nice about everything... All the guys with newer cars seem to say "I need this, now."

...Sad thing is that I'd bet $485950483930302928349940 that the older muscle car could smoke the newer vette/mustang/supra... :hail2:

I hear ya loud and clear.

It takes a special person to own a 67 camaro or whatever. Someone with patience and an overall appreciation for cars in general, so you can almost always count on those folks being nice or at least "car guy friendly."

Unfortunately, any idiot willing to take on the car payments of a vette can do so. We see Vettes in a different manner than most people, believe it or not. Back on the idiot thing.......any idiot can mash a gas pedal, but fewer people can do so in a safe manner while extracting a high level of performance out of their expensive car. You've no doubt heard of the alarmingly high number of new Viper owners who have totalled their car in the first two weeks of ownership. :) Some Viper owners have totalled the car on the purchase day. :nonono:

Sadly, I have nothing great to offer, but that you've realized what many of us do. I try to keep on open mind when encountering owners of other cars (and stang owners for that matter) andd give everyone the opportunity to not be an ass.

im was in my stang the other and was behing a Silver C6. beautiful car. hes just cruising along, a little slower than me so i end up beside him. had no intention of racing because 1. street racing :notnice: and 2. what would be the point? id get smoked. but anyway, i gave the guy ( younger guy with expensive sunglasses. his g/f was in there too ) a thumbs up. he just looked at me and then done the whole "switch to the left arm and bring your shoulder up as high as the top of the steering wheel move"

i felt like paul walker in TFATF

Here's a short ditty that will make you feel better about car people, but not really about vette owners.............

I was on vacation with my wife in the North Carolina mountains on some of the most beautiful roads in the Smoky Mountains. While on the Blue Ridge Parkway, we were stopped at one of many pull off areas to view the incredible sights of mountain tops and valleys. Before we made it back to my car, a guy and his lady were walking around my stang and frankly.......I didn't know what to think. The folks introduced themselves and commented on how much they loved my stang and how clean the car was (at the time). All they wanted was to take a picture of my stang parked next to their stang (nose to nose). I obliged and pulled around. They must have taken 20 photos, including pics of me with the other guy in front of our cars. Very cool actually and they were as nice as could be. Just before they left, I asked why they wanted the pictures and he pulled out a photo album. OMG!!! They had been all over the country and had taken pics of their stang with literally tons of others in grocery parking lots, other national parks, a couple Six Flags, and other vacation spots. There were Saleens, Steedas, Cobras, GTs, V6s and finally, a pic of my stang would soon be added.

The people I met had no idea if I was a jerk or some paranoid person or maybe just hateful. I'm not, fortunately, and it turned out to be a great experience. I try to remember that story when seeing a great car with an owner who "appears" to be a jerk or worse. Many times my first impression is dead wrong and they turn out to be nice.

I think the real problem is that people are increasingly becoming more anti-social and less tolerant of strangers. Example: I can buy my groceries, go to Home Depot, fill up my stang's gas tank, take some cash out of the ATM, and so on without ever having to talk to anyone or communicate with anything other than electronic equipment. Knock of someone's door in your neighborhood and see what the reaction is. People are frankly lacking people skills. Even car shows are different now days in that I often pass by cars where the owner is either not present for hours or is nearly unwilling to talk about his car.

Since you mentioned the mountains of NC and how pretty it is I wonder what it would take to organize a Stangs in the Valley here in Maggie Valley? They already have Vette's in the Valley (corvettes), Thunder in the Valley (harleys), and several other car get togethers that seem to attract a decent amount of cars.

I think that's just about everybody with an expensive "fast" car, especially if they've done ANY work on it(not by themselves, of course). That's why I'd love to have a sleeper. :D A V-8 Miata will be my next project car, if I ever win the lottery or something.

There are some cool guys that drive Vette's, and those cars can be made very fast. There's a local guy here building a TT C5 Z06 that's looking for about 900rwhp. :eek:

Yeah, like you (or me in 2 weeks). Let's see...hmm.. your car is putting out 150 more HP than a brand new vette, 50 more than a z06 AND 200 more than that but head at the gaz station, lol. Must be fun. I cant wait. :)

Since you mentioned the mountains of NC and how pretty it is I wonder what it would take to organize a Stangs in the Valley here in Maggie Valley? They already have Vette's in the Valley (corvettes), Thunder in the Valley (harleys), and several other car get togethers that seem to attract a decent amount of cars.

Wow! Maggie is a vacation destination of mine every year and has been since I was a kid.

If there was a stang get together in Maggie, I'd be there big time. The stretch of road from Maggie to Cherokee is quite nice. Going past Cherokee to the Ocunoluftee village and beyond is just plain priceless.

Maggie could be a great place to get some StangNet folks in one place. Plenty of affordable lodging and miles of mountain roads. Some of the best quality mountain roads I've ever been on.

he wouldn't race you anyway, most vette drivers have no balls :rolleyes:

Unfortunately this is true in most cases. I know a couple younger guys that have vettes (they work ALOT to pay for them lol), and they would race...but most vette owners have the power, like knowing that they have it, but never use it against anyone. Not that I condone street racing, but I also rarely see a vette at the track either

I love vettes, but hate the ego that usually drives them.

Wow! Maggie is a vacation destination of mine every year and has been since I was a kid.

If there was a stang get together in Maggie, I'd be there big time. The stretch of road from Maggie to Cherokee is quite nice. Going past Cherokee to the Ocunoluftee village and beyond is just plain priceless.

Maggie could be a great place to get some StangNet folks in one place. Plenty of affordable lodging and miles of mountain roads. Some of the best quality mountain roads I've ever been on.

Well maybe I need to see what kind of interest there would be for getting something organized for next year.

when you have a vette you will feel like you can't be beaten by anything. And of coarse the people that hate other cars Don't know what makes their car faster. heads/cam/intake/exhuast/gears. They dont even work on they're car(most of them).