subs for an 04 convertible

her04stang

Jun 1, 2009
So im trying to convince my dad into getting me subs for my mustang this summer. Hes replaced all except one speaker (which still is blown) twice becasue i put my bass and treb all the way up, which seems to make my seakers blow. His worrie is that im not going to have any room in my trunck (which doesnt bother me) and he wants good facorty ones. He owns a car repair shop so he can get them cheap, so getting them isnt the problem. Anyone have ideas i can use to talk him into getting them for me? (Im 17 and have had my 40th aniv. mustang convertible for aboutt 3 years now.)

(the picture beloow is when i fist got it, so its about 3yrs old. car still looks the same. persons not me in it, its my cousin.)

Picture 041.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

You don't really need subs per say in your 04, but maybe a sub. One powerful sub powered by an decent amp should give you the bass you want and leave you useable trunk space. I just run one sub in mine with good success. One thing you have to take into account when adding subs in a vert. It's gonna sound bad a$$ with the top up. But the moment you lower the top, it puts a buffer in between you and the subs. They won't be as loud as when you have the top up. Just take that into account when you get subs.