Supercharging at 100k miles

aceonline

Aug 30, 2004
Ok, so I have a 1998 v6 stang and I am considering supercharging it with the 11psi kit from ATI Procharger. Right now I am at 92,000 miles and will probably be close to 100,000 by the time I get the supercharger. So my question is, about how much engine will I have left after I supercharge it? Will it be able to make it to 150,000 miles? less? more?

Also, has anyone had any experience with the ATI 11psi kit for the v6 stang? What about installing it?

If supercharging sounds like a bad idea at this stage, what are some other ideas for decent performance gains at this stage of the engine's life? (I already put in a cold air intake and dual exhaust). I know that's a pretty general question but I'm just goin for some ideas.

Thanks in advance!
--ACE

• Sponsors (?)

aceonline said:
Ok, so I have a 1998 v6 stang and I am considering supercharging it with the 11psi kit from ATI Procharger. Right now I am at 92,000 miles and will probably be close to 100,000 by the time I get the supercharger. So my question is, about how much engine will I have left after I supercharge it? Will it be able to make it to 150,000 miles? less? more?

Also, has anyone had any experience with the ATI 11psi kit for the v6 stang? What about installing it?

If supercharging sounds like a bad idea at this stage, what are some other ideas for decent performance gains at this stage of the engine's life? (I already put in a cold air intake and dual exhaust). I know that's a pretty general question but I'm just goin for some ideas.

Thanks in advance!
--ACE

I would go get a compression test done, if all is alright, then I say go for it, you should be fine. I don't know why people say get a rebuild, do that when the engine dies. :nonono:

i would put that 4k+ towards a motor build up since you have high mils you will have a fresh motor and probably put down better times than if you got a blower and ran 11 psi, or nearly the same...

go with a 4.2 strocker and ported heads/intake/cam with bolt ons, you should see mid/low 13s with a 5 speed easy, you see high 13s with a procharger and this way you have a new rebuilt motor

SpectorV said:
i would put that 4k+ towards a motor build up since you have high mils you will have a fresh motor and probably put down better times than if you got a blower and ran 11 psi, or nearly the same...

go with a 4.2 strocker and ported heads/intake/cam with bolt ons, you should see mid/low 13s with a 5 speed easy, you see high 13s with a procharger and this way you have a new rebuilt motor
You couldn't have said that any better. :nice: