suspension change question

naborneo

Jan 22, 2004
I am droping in a V8 into my car, but it is the last thing on the list (probely not for another 6-9 months). First i'm doing a body kit then I want to do suspension kit. I am putting the 8.8 rear end on my car but I am also adding lowering springs and upper and lower control arms. Now my question is, the lowering springs and control arms have 2 different sets one for '94-98 3.8' and '94-98 4.6' now i was just going to buy the sets for the 4.6, will it be alright if I have the sets for the 4.6 if I'm driving with the 3.8 motor in there right now? Will it make a difference, even if at this moment I don't have the 4.6 in there? So just to make sure its clear, is it alright to put lowering spring for 94-98 4.6L and upper and lower control arms for 94-98 4.6L on a '96 3.8L? or should I just wait to do the suspension to when I put the engine in?

• Sponsors (?)

naborneo said:
I am droping in a V8 into my car, but it is the last thing on the list (probely not for another 6-9 months). First i'm doing a body kit then I want to do suspension kit. I am putting the 8.8 rear end on my car but I am also adding lowering springs and upper and lower control arms. Now my question is, the lowering springs and control arms have 2 different sets one for '94-98 3.8' and '94-98 4.6' now i was just going to buy the sets for the 4.6, will it be alright if I have the sets for the 4.6 if I'm driving with the 3.8 motor in there right now? Will it make a difference, even if at this moment I don't have the 4.6 in there? So just to make sure its clear, is it alright to put lowering spring for 94-98 4.6L and upper and lower control arms for 94-98 4.6L on a '96 3.8L? or should I just wait to do the suspension to when I put the engine in?

I would help ya out but ya had to go off and post in both the talk and tech forums...

true dat.........don't double post in the same forum section.....pisses people like ganador off.

But yes....you can use the springs, but it makes sense that your car will ride like a pimped out cadillac on air shocks with the front up in the air