System Install Question

schaake30

Feb 14, 2004
Edwardsville, IL
My friend and I are going to install an amp and sub into his in dash stero. I know nothing about this, he just asked for my help becuase I have all the tools. Could someone please explain the typical install steps, or a website i could read about it, and see some diagrams.

• Sponsors (?)

:fuss:

:nonono: sorry... stereo questions always bothered me because they are so self explanatory. I did my first when i was 12 in my dads truck, and i had no instructions. So I think you should figure it out. Heres a simple explanation. May be a few typoes, but i don't want to stop and fix errors.. :rlaugh:

First, go and get some male and female connector and a crimper. or you can go cheap and just use electrical tape. Hook the Blue wire to the amp remote. sometimes called power antenna wire. if you don't have one you'll have to get a special harness to wire into your speakers to filter off the base. Run a power wire from you battery, try to be inconspicuous and run it threw a grommet in the fire wall, if none drill a hole or be getto and run it threw the door jam. don't run your RCA wires next to your power wire, or remote wire. good rule of thumb is to run the remote(blue)and RCA(REDandBLACK or REDandWHITE) together down the passenger side under the floor in the door jamb, and the power wire down the drivers side. Drill a hole in your trunk to ground your Amp or find one already predrilled to ground to. Depending on the amp size tells you what guage wire to use for the power. Don't use to small or you could have a fire, also just keep burning up the wire and starving the amp. Try and get an O2 free power wire. they are more efficient(less resistance) and last alot longer. There are countless web sites that tell how to do this, do a search on google or ask me if you have any more question......