Taking off smog, what size bolt to fill hole in head?

silverGTSaleen

Apr 6, 2003
Texas!
I have had it bypassed for a while, I want to get the wieght out of there :D , I need to know what size bolt to put in the head to plug up the hole. And besides weldin up the hole in the h-pipe is there anything else i need to do? I noticed thier is alot of lines like the one that goes into the Throttle body can i take those off, if so what do i have to do? Thanks yall! :hail2:

Doing everything i can to lower my times :rolleyes:

Josh :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Are these what your talking about? The ones on my heads look different but its to plug the A.I.R passage on none emission vehicles Plug

If you got rid of the smog, then the only vac. lines you'll need are the green (goes to EGR) and red (goes to the intake). Just remove and block off the other lines that were for the smog pump.

Thats the EGR :D Yes you will have to block off the opening on the TB. Go to Pep Boys and ask for a Fuel Pump Block Off Plate for a 351 cleveland. As for the part on the header, cut the tube so you can get the fastner off, stick a penny in it, and tighten it back down.

10-15 pounds :shrug: The actual smog pump itself is very light. I think the EGR weighs more than it. You wont lose a lot of weight, but people do it to clean up the engine bay. No smog or EGR on my car
nosmogegr.jpg

zenboy99 said:
What valve covers are those? I asked before in another thread but you didn't answer.
Sorry to bring this thread back up, I was at work.

Thoes are fox valve covers, sanded and polished (kinda) work great and have no clearance problems with my rockers.

silverGTSaleen said:
Well lets have a big round of applause for these two for offically STEALING my thread :nonono: , you gents got any other questions to ask while your at it, hmmm :rolleyes:

:D
I posted the picture to show YOU not zen what it was like without any smog or egr equipment on the car. zen asked a question so I answered. Sorry for "STEALING" your thread... was just trying to help a fellow stanger out. :D

silverGTSaleen said:
Hey man i know i was just joking :D

since were off the subject and all how hard was it to put on your racing stripps? :shrug:
thanks
wow, talk about :OT: :lol:
It was fairly easy. Just took some time to make sure everything was even. A lot of measuring and redoing the lines. It took me and another guy a few hours to do it.
5.0 from 95 said:
Not trying to "steal the thread," but what kind of oil you use? LOL
I'm running the motorcraft 10w30 oil right now

Any vaccume lines attached to the smog pump just simple plug them up. Theres 2 bolts that hold the smog pump on, remove thoes and the pump will come off. Remove all the hoses and the hard line going down to the mid pipe. Plug up the mid pipe and the air line coming from the back of the heads and your set to go... but you'll need a different size belt. Anywhere from 895k6 to 905k6 will be the size you need. Some cars are different than others.

Cool thanks 1105 I think I'll start getting on that right now since my car is being worked on and I'm not getting my parts until next weekend :( I also have to get a new water pump alsmost tempted to pull the front cover and put in a new cam along with roller rockers LOL.