Tangled with a 400 shot Z06 today...

CatmanJJ

Captain Tangnet
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Feb 5, 2002
Maryland
...haha not really, but the guy was driving like an old bat up ahead and then as I was about to pass, he meandered over into my lane no signal, nothing (had to hammer the brakes a bit), so I piped the clown, he went back over to the left lane rather quickly.

Well as we pulled up to a light in heavy city traffic (cars in front of us and what not), he rolled his window immediatedly, I obliged, you guessed it 60 something old s.o.b., slicked back grey hair, leather racing jacket and all, lol. I complimented him on his car. It was a mean black C5 Z06, obvious mods were healthy cam, racing slicks, skinnies, roll bar, the whole nine. First thing the guy said was "you don't want none.", I was like "really, I bet, nice Z06", he said, "it is rollcage 9 second street car, with a 400 shot, blah blah blah", probably made his day pickin on my little ****bag 281.

Then the light turned green, I gave him the head nod and took off. He fell way way back cause it started to rain hard. Not sure if I believe the whoel "400 shot" quote, especially for a street car. Oh well that's my story.

***Cliff's notes, hot C5 Z06 with a douschebag driver***

• Sponsors (?)

My experience with Corvette drivers is that they never want to race anyways. The only Vette I've ever gotten to race is a friend of mine's, (probably cuz he's 26 and not 50+) 2000 six speed, black on black with black Z06 wheels. Its a mean looking car. He raced me in the 90GT, from a first gear punch to about 90 three times.

was he wearing driving gloves too? :rlaugh: what a tool bag. I highly doubt it was running a 400 shot :rlaugh: you dont need that to get a Z06 into the 9s :rlaugh:

I don't think he was, might of had them in the glove box though lol. He just kept sayin "you don't want any" over and over also he said 400 shot a couple of times, I was thinkin to my self just shut up so I can hear your car idle, think my Stang still sounded better though, I guess I got that :p .

400-shot and runs 9's, huh. :rolleyes:

Is that what the guy who built the car for him told him....cause you know this old fart bought this thing with a credit card. Probably never turned a wrench or ran it down the strip a single day he's owned it.

Friggin rich posers. :nonono:

400-shot and runs 9's, huh. :rolleyes:

Is that what the guy who built the car for him told him....cause you know this old fart bought this thing with a credit card. Probably never turned a wrench or ran it down the strip a single day he's owned it.

Friggin rich posers. :nonono:

It wouldn't suprise me, it's Bethesda, MD, an upscale area right on the edge of DC, all rich type rollin around in their AMGs, Ms, Ferrari, 911 Turbos, Aston Mar, Jag, etc etc. I dunno if a poser would go through the trouble of running around on slicks and skinnies though on a street car like that.

Every car is a 9 or 10 second car. The only problem is none of them can prove it. I had a Camro try telling me he had a 10 Second car car this weekend and it was all motor. I told him I wanted to race him. He then says he cant because he has 24points on his license. lol The funny thing is it had no lope and my exhaust was louder than his.

i didnt really pay attention to the 400 shot part. thats funny as hell. a buddy of mine is building an LT1 car with a 500 shot thats gonna run ~8's or so. If this guy cant get more than 9's out of a vette on a 400 then he has an issue

20 something points on his license ...ummm is that possible....
Gotta love posers, it keeps me looking good when I smoke there a**

Lean over after you race an expensive car with a s***Y driver, tell him "you paid 40-50plus" "I paid 12, hows that make you feel"....