Tell me what you think about this idea...

I have been kicking around this idea for a while. I am about to graduate and go to serious work now though. So the time is getting closer. I want to start to add to my car collection! I am kicking around getting a 90 – 93 ish boxy F-150 pickup with a 351 in it so I can swap out the 385 horse ford racing motor in it and drive around a truck with a new motor. Save the other 351 for who knows what! :D

I also like old F100s though as well. My mustang will probably look pretty cool next to an old F-100 too! Don’t know much about the older trucks yet but they can’t be much harder then any other ford of the time and I have a pretty good knowledge base on others.

I know it is mostly opinion and all but what do you guys think? Old/old? Or Old / late model? :p

• Sponsors (?)

I had a 92 F150 with a 351W. The tranny (Truck AOD-- whatever the model is) went out on the previous owner, who replaced it with a new ford unit. It once spit all the tranny fluid out of it when it was hot. motor was great-- i really liked the truck, but the tranny sucked. IMHO the 92-96(?) body styles are awesome.