Test Mule and Production vehicle photos

HectorsGTI

May 9, 2005
I went out to Grattan Raceway today to test out a new lens for my camera that I bought specifically for the F1 race next month in Indy. I needed some high speed targets to test out the new lens. Grattan Raceway is about 15 minutes from my house and I visit and race there frequently. I called up the track and asked if there were any cars out on track today. They answered yes so I headed out. After snapping photos for about 5 minutes the guy driving the test mule pulls off the track and up to the guard rail where I was snapping photos. He asked who I was taking photos for. I said myself and asked if I could enter the track to take more photos from all the good corners. He said no. :D

grattan_mustang_gt_0001.JPG

grattan_mustang_gt_0002.JPG

grattan_mustang_gt_0003.JPG

grattan_mustang_gt_0004.JPG

grattan_mustang_gt_0005.JPG

grattan_mustang_gt_0006.JPG

grattan_mustang_gt_0007.JPG

grattan_mustang_gt_0008.JPG

grattan_mustang_gt_0009.JPG

grattan_mustang_gt_0010.JPG

I took about 500 photos of the mustangs and two GT's they were tweaking. I thought you guys might enjoy these photos.

..edited to include more photos

• Sponsors (?)

I was using a Canon S1 IS. It's not a SLR so it requires a bit more practice to get the kind of shot you want. I'd love to get a Canon 20D but don't have the cash yet. The lens I was using was Canon's 1.6x telephoto. It gives the camera the equivalent of a 50 - 500mm f/3.1 lens. With the digital zoom it brings it up to a 1600mm f/3.1.

HectorsGTI said:
I was using a Canon S1 IS. It's not a SLR so it requires a bit more practice to get the kind of shot you want. I'd love to get a Canon 20D but don't have the cash yet. The lens I was using was Canon's 1.6x telephoto. It gives the camera the equivalent of a 50 - 500mm f/3.1 lens. With the digital zoom it brings it up to a 1600mm f/3.1.

There're some pretty damn good pictures with that camera:nice: , it does have an Image Stabilser on it so it probably helped, but non the less top dollar. I was sure you where going to say digi SLR and 300mm lens or something.

The 20D looks pretty cool, but unless you want to print A1 pictures or bigger a 2nd hand 10D and a good lens will perform just as well.