TFS Id

I went to my local machine shop today to see if he had any gt40/p heads laying around. He said no, but I have a set of aluminum heads I'll sell you. I looked at them and they look like TW heads but there was no name on them. There was the letters tfs sbf 1 near the springs. This sound like TW heads or are they a copy? They don't look like they have a lot of time on them, and he isn't asking a lot for them, so I'm tempted to grab them. What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

I bought my motor with old trick flow heads and they had no markings on the front or back of the heads where the accessories bolt up, so it is very possible that they are trick flows. Look at the valves, if they aren't inline that should be a dead giveaway

They definetly have the twisted chamber. I have to go there today and give him some more cash, I will write down the numbers. The good price is 400. They look really good, like they haven't been run very long. He offered to do a valve job on them for an additional 160

Look on the inside of them...should have the markings TFS-SBF mine do!...and mine have NO markings on the outside either!

Yeah, they have those markings in the inside. I will have them checked for flatness for sure. Even with new pushrods, rockers, injectors, maf, and gaskets, I should be into this for under a grand if im patient.

old school tfs heads with no markings on the end, are STILL marked.

on the exhaust port face, between the 2nd and 3rd port iirc. toward the top where the valve cover deck is, there is a number. i called tfs with my casting # and he identified them for me.