Thank god for friends

jweiler

May 26, 2005
OK... so 8 months ago I just had to have a new GT. I utterly fell in love with the new body style. Then something strange happened... I convinced myself that what I REALLY wanted was a new vette. So... I figured that I would wait for the 06 model. Today... I finally received notice that my 16 month divorce process was finished... woo hoo! Needless to say I have been in a strange mood all day. Yesterday I drove by my local dealership and shock-of-all-shocks they had a new Saleen on the show room floor... and it looked oh-so-sweet! So.. today on my way home... I decided to stop in... just for a look. Well... turns out it was a 281 super-charged model... at the same damn price and 10 times the looks of a new vette. damn! I knew I shouldnt have gone in there! I just couldnt walk away. I called a good buddy of mine and told him of my paralysis. He said... "Hold on... I will be there in 7 minutes" He was.... and promptly executed a proper intervention. Thank god for friends.... his quick thinking put me behind the wheel of the most bad-assed machine I have ever driven. I waited 35 years and one bad marriage for this car. Such karma! The day of my divorce.... and a new awesome chapter. As I was on my way out... this other poor guy came in... he had fought traffic for two hours to get to this dealership... his first words were "Where is my Saleen?"

"Not yours brother" I said "You missed it by minutes"

Thank god for friends!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not a big fan of Saleen "performance enhancements" in the base model...but you've got the REAL DEAL! The lines on the Saleen are nothing but SEXY!

Congratulations!

LOL... Well Done..... I have gone through 3 Stangs and am still waiting for the final Divorce Decree! :) You had twice the years of Marriage as I did.. So you deserve twice the Car!

Enjoy the SC 281 and a the beginning of a new and interesting life....

Jennifer