The heat is killer!

stangdude2000

Founding Member
Jun 23, 2001
Northern VA
We had an entire weekend of 100+ degree heat in the DC area this weekend (and today), and it was absolutely killer. Beyond the generally crappy-ness of the heat, it was KILLING my gas mileage. I typically can get 15-18 mpg in the city driving reasonable. I couldn't even pull 12 mpg babying the thing! Anyone else see heat effect their mileage that much?

• Sponsors (?)

We had an entire weekend of 100+ degree heat in the DC area this weekend (and today), and it was absolutely killer. Beyond the generally crappy-ness of the heat, it was KILLING my gas mileage. I typically can get 15-18 mpg in the city driving reasonable. I couldn't even pull 12 mpg babying the thing! Anyone else see heat effect their mileage that much?

OMG ya..My gas milage sucks now..Not to mention if I stay in boost for a little bit it feels like im towing a camper..

At least you can take your car out! The weather's been crappy here for weeks. Rain, cold (40's), windy. I'm saving alot of gas with my new supercharged garage queen. Tell you what - you send me half your heat and I'll send you half my gas - we'll both be happier! :nice:

I spent all day driving my wife to malls in the area (Tyson's Corner, Pentagon City, etc) and I was very judicious with the throttle. I never saw the high side of 16.5 mpg according to the information display center. Of course traffic in the Tyson's Corner area didn't help either.

We had crappy weather here, too.

It got all the way to 79 the other day, and I had to turn on the A/C in my convertible, but I still bravely left the top down.

Then, the other night, it started drizzling, I was worried I might have to put the top up, but the sun came out just in time, whew!

We had crappy weather here, too.

It got all the way to 79 the other day, and I had to turn on the A/C in my convertible, but I still bravely left the top down.

Then, the other night, it started drizzling, I was worried I might have to put the top up, but the sun came out just in time, whew!

I'm enjoying the weather here in SoCal too. I work in Anaheim during the week and the client flies me home to DC for the weekend. I am why gas prices are so high. The client is actually willing to pay for an apartment out here instead of hotels, so I'm thinking of getting a place out in your next of the woods.

Its been cooler here during the day than it was at night in DC last weekend!