Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Put my brackets on and had to redo some of the pre turbo pipe, but it's all 100% done now. Next up is the down pipe, FINALLY.

Awwwwriiigghhhtttt! :rock:

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Routing isn't going as planned. Sway bar effed up my strategy. Under we go! This should work just fine, not much lower than the oil pan and certainly not lower than the headers were before

And yes, I know about the shroud. Going with electric fans that are more compact
Dual contour fans . Mine will be in hopefully this week . They are super compact and fit the radiator perfectly .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

I meant to be outside working on the car all day today, but my wife and I got absolutely fried in the sun yesterday, so we've been laying on the couch like cooked lobsters all day.

I'm kinda at a standstill any way. I don't have the right size V band for the downpipe. Currently, I have a 3.5" on there which works ok for mock up, but I need a 3" to secure it properly. The tough part will be getting a 3" V band on 3.5" tubing. Fun, fun.

Once I do that, I can make mounts for it and secure it permanently. I have a bunch of assembly I can work on in the meantime, still need a distributor and a clutch. I'm sure more will pop up too.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
How much?

I paid $50 for it at the LKQ last week. You can have it for that + shipping. Comes with both factory connectors which are $15 each. . Painted it SEM trim black. It has a crack on the top right of the shroud that does not impact the fans

Attachments

• 20160529_173155.jpg
    20160529_173155.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 20160529_173142.jpeg
    20160529_173142.jpeg
    984.5 KB · Views: 101
I meant to be outside working on the car all day today, but my wife and I got absolutely fried in the sun yesterday, so we've been laying on the couch like cooked lobsters all day.

I'm kinda at a standstill any way. I don't have the right size V band for the downpipe. Currently, I have a 3.5" on there which works ok for mock up, but I need a 3" to secure it properly. The tough part will be getting a 3" V band on 3.5" tubing. Fun, fun.

Once I do that, I can make mounts for it and secure it permanently. I have a bunch of assembly I can work on in the meantime, still need a distributor and a clutch. I'm sure more will pop up too.
Why not do cop now? Edis8 module couple coil packs harness from jy magnetic pickup and tooth wheel. Do it now while your still in mockup

image.jpeg
So, when it's not raining down there, I guess you're running around naked in the noon day sun?

Reactions: 1 users