The Hopkinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, unbelievable. The funniest part though has to be that Hop does not think he is a sanctimonious ass. :rlaugh:

Things are only what you intend them to be. If I happen to point at something with my middle finger it does not mean that I am telling you to go **** yourself unless I intend it to mean that, regardless of how you ignorantly interpret it. Believe me, you'd know if that was my intention, and for the record, Sister Claire told me that in 3rd grade at our lady of consolation.

You might as well give up Penguin. You seem cool to me and I would not change it just to shut Hop up because believe me, it won't. He will simply find something else to blow smoke about, he's one of those internet tough guys see. Likely if he caught his own sybling steeling he would cut off his hand or cut out his tongue if he was caught lying. He obviously is one of those literal followers who is incapable of independent thought or interpretation. In fact this rather unchristian like act of his has likely doomed him to eternal damnation. :lol:

I would either remove the symbol all together or put it back the way it was if that is what you want, but I would not give in. If he choses to chase you on threads about it and bash you then likely he will get bounced from this place since that kind of harrassment is clearly against the rules and Oboe will enforce them. In fact I encourage you to change back if only for that reason, then we will likely all start believing in God, or at the very least justice. Then we can all go back to focusing on the one thing that unites us, MUSTANGS!

• Sponsors (?)

Pakrat said:
Wow, unbelievable. The funniest part though has to be that Hop does not think he is a sanctimonious ass. :rlaugh:

Things are only what you intend them to be. If I happen to point at something with my middle finger it does not mean that I am telling you to go **** yourself unless I intend it to mean that, regardless of how you ignorantly interpret it. Believe me, you'd know if that was my intention, and for the record, Sister Claire told me that in 3rd grade at our lady of consolation.

You might as well give up Penguin. You seem cool to me and I would not change it just to shut Hop up because believe me, it won't. He will simply find something else to blow smoke about, he's one of those internet tough guys see. Likely if he caught his own sybling steeling he would cut off his hand or cut out his tongue if he was caught lying. He obviously is one of those literal followers who is incapable of independent thought or interpretation. In fact this rather unchristian like act of his has likely doomed him to eternal damnation. :lol:

I would either remove the symbol all together or put it back the way it was if that is what you want, but I would not give in. If he choses to chase you on threads about it and bash you then likely he will get bounced from this place since that kind of harrassment is clearly against the rules and Oboe will enforce them. In fact I encourage you to change back if only for that reason, then we will likely all start believing in God, or at the very least justice. Then we can all go back to focusing on the one thing that unites us, MUSTANGS!

PAK , YOU have got to be the SINGLE most profound IDIOT on this board.
Internet tough guy ??? Thats laughable.. Have I ever threatened harm to anyone? Nope. And in your use of what I "dont think I am " , I do believe sir, that perhaps you need to be enlightened to what the term means and what my intentions when I originally mentioned the inverted Cross were. Go get a dictionary . As far as me still "coming after Penguin " even after he changed it, I do believe I THANKED Penguin , and we began discussing something else. Or did your minute brain capacity fail to process that and transfer it in interpretable signals? Once again , PAkrat displays his less than average intelligence in a manner of hostility .I could be defending your mother , and you would find some reason to have a go with me. Bottom line however , is that you simply "lack " :shrug: . With that said, ummm, please go away. Shoo. Begone.. :rlaugh:

No problem Route, cool with that. I like Celtic symbols as well. My wife got a very nice celtic Cross for Christmas, ,,.

Uhh 65,,.. Whatever.......
AGAIN, Thank you Penguin for removing the inverted Cross and Goat horns from the avatar. I know you didnt have to , ( Oboe) , but Im sure that everyone that sees an inverted Cross on anything with goat horns appreciated what you did. Oh wait,, Im supposed to STILL be blowing smoke according to Pak.. Sorry, but since weve finished the whole thing out , I guess hes wrong. Again. Imagine that. Thanks Penguin. !

Just something to spice up the conversation of symbols, If someone had a picture of a goat, WITH GOAT HORNS, would it still be an evil symbol? Afterall, it is still something with goat horns.

(silence for the zen gong to gong in the heads of all readers, bringing them to a state of nirvana, similar to tree falling in the woods. LOL)

65stanger said:
Wow....such witty reparte.............:nonono:

Take another look Hop.....Penguin's avatar still has it's "goat horns":nonono:
My God 65,, is it SO difficult to understand? Are you and Pak BOTH high on crack ? Here we go AGAIN.. Its the INVERTED CROSS with the added goat horns. Personally , I think you know that an INVERTED CROSS on anything with the ADDITION of goat horns , is a desecration to the symbol of Christianity, but either you are simply as slow to catch on as Pak, or you are a coward , afraid to say, " Well, yeah , Hop is kinda right THIS time, an inverted Cross is indeed an anti Christian symbol . And I dont particularly regard you as "slow". That leaves one.
Here ya go,, Ill make it even simpler... Okay , imagine an inverted pineapple. No problem . But the Cross is a different story , is it not ? Why a Cross as opposed to a pineapple? There are cooler looking things to invert , other than a cross . All kinds of Celtic symbols out there. But a Cross is the single most identifiable symbol of Christianity on the face of the earth. Leave it alone. Penguin did the right thing. Surely not because of me, I have zero influence over him. And Oboe will not stand by idly if I were to begin an "internet tough guy" tirade of threats. Could I subtly bash ? yeah. Look at all weve done when weve interacted on threads.Mutual snipes abound. As far as Im concerned , Penguin removed the inverted Cross, God bless him, and its done. But I tell you what, take up your defense of the desecrated symbol of The Lamb of God when you stand before Him... And you will..

GP001 : Elaborate please how my actions and words are in conflict with my religion . Despite differences with Pak, 65 , or anyone, I still wish no ill will on them. I may not be as passive as other Christians , but Im hardly in error ( although at times I am - Im human ) this time.

The Hopkinator said:
GP001 : Elaborate please how my actions and words are in conflict with my religion . Despite differences with Pak, 65 , or anyone, I still wish no ill will on them. I may not be as passive as other Christians , but Im hardly in error ( although at times I am - Im human ) this time.

You do realize this is not a Christian specific board, right? Most of my beliefs are based in Christianity, but I do find it offensize to bully someone into agreeing with your personal beliefs. Threatening a person to appease YOUR beliefs , calling names, or asserting one is "slow" for not agreeing with your beliefs is a poor way to spread the word of a loving God. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone else ramming their BELIEFS down your throat, so why would you dare do the same?

AND I WILL BE ON EVERY THREAD YOU START OR POST ON BASHING HELL OUT OF YOU AND YOUR AVATAR , BECAUSE THE CROSS SYMBOLIZES CHRIST, MY GOD AND PROBABLY A LOT OF OTHERS HERE TOO, ITS NOT FOR SOME WALKING IDENTITY CRISIS TO POST IN A DERROGATORY WAY TO BE "COOL". GET THAT ?

The avatar is changed. Thank you Penguin. I have no more beef with you.

PAK , YOU have got to be the SINGLE most profound IDIOT on this board.

Once again , PAkrat displays his less than average intelligence in a manner of hostility

If you are truly serious about defending the cross why don't you start with the Christians who desecrate it? Preachers who abuse their position, Chrisitan companies who are all about money and not people (my sister used to work for TBN, I've seen first hand the absolute hipocrisy of what they are on TV and what they are in person). These are the true desecraters of the symbols of your (our) religion.

Im not ramming ANYTHING down anyones throat , Im simply defending the symbol of my religion. My retaliatory remarks are simply that, retaliatory. Never said anyone was slow for not agreeing with my beliefs. Was stated in like manner to Pak and 65s tones toward me and their failing to understand why, AND THEN assaulting me about it.. Christian ? yes. Above defending myself or religion ? No way. They cant grasp "why" I wave this flag. Thats where the "slow" remark came from. Simple as that. As far as the hypocrites you mention, I dont support them obviously , but I cant go firebomb them either . They will have their day in court.....

The Hopkinator said:
Im not ramming ANYTHING down anyones throat , Im simply defending the symbol of my religion......
I understand you.......all to well, it was your kind who invaded the Holy Land in Christ's name during the Crusades, the same ones who raped pillaged and murdered for centuries in "His Name!". Some one doesn't agree with you you scream "JIHAD!" and murder thousands of innocents!

You are simply defending a SYMBOL! PERIOD! You are not defending your faith.
Ever stop to think that YOUR symbol was an instrument of torture and death? What ever became of the Fish? The one alot of Christians sport as a symbol of their faith? A symbol of life?
I'm going to go back to ignoring you again....why don't you go back to worshipping your car?

Ya' know, I've tried to stay out of this little debate; but it's getting a little too much for me to keep quiet.

Background: Born, baptised and raised Roman Catholic (like so many of Northern Irish ancestry). 9 years (K-8) in a Catholic school; altar boy, the whole schmeer. One of our priests "went after" some of the altar boys (Thankfully I wasn't "pretty enough" for him :) ) it didn't go public until about four years ago. So I've seen the good and the bad of it; and am still Roman Catholic, member of the Knights of Columbus, Scoutmaster of the KofC's Boy Scout Troop - which was my Troop when I was a kid. Now that I'm "credentialized".......

Ya wanna know the truth? Here I am, practising Catholic; didn't even see the upside-down cross or the goat horns! :shrug: I guess I'm just not very observant around here; maybe I don't scan every thing I read for attacks on my Christianity. Maybe I'm just a "bad Christian".....after all, my my goofy little persona around here is that of a 4 foot tall green bipedal cyclops with a Jewish accent and attitude ("Mikey" from "Monsters, Inc.") as well as a horn-dawg for certain female cartoon avatars! How many un-Christian expressions of belief and attitude did I just cover in that last sentence????

The simple fact of the matter is that I'm secure in my beliefs and in my religion (as screwed up as anything of human origin can be); and therefore am not always on paranoid watch for for symbolistic attacks against it. I call myself a "smug Catholic". My thought is that I've got it figured out (and stripped away quite a bit of the dogma) and those of you that don't; well, if you care about your eternal soul, you can simply exercise your free will to do the same without any coersion from me!

Meanwhile, a little closer to the matter at hand (and covering the less than Christian - or even humanistic attitudes displayed); I'm gonna tell you that involving 65stanger's life experiences (and your replies, Fritz) were out of line, though not as bad as the original public comments that started this thread (like somebody else already did, I'll call this stuff "PM material", boys!), and nowhere near as heinous as the idea of starting a thread devoted to carrying on the arguments/attacks. We goof off a lot around here, it's a good place to hang out and shoot the doo-doo; it's not a place to take potshots at each other. Take that crap to the Gene Pool/Cesspool/Outhouse/House of Pain. A little social decorum can go along ways; and checking your insecurities at the door would certainly be advised.

Brian, I've never before asked that a thread get the infamous :lock: ; I think this one really needs it before somebody gets hurt. :nonono:

[Rant Mode = OFF]

Still Dreamin'

Status
Not open for further replies.