The new Shelby GT

2002whitegt

Founding Member
May 31, 2002
Houston TX
Well Ford has said it will release a new 325hp Shelby dubbed the GT, and I'm really feeling it, and was just wondering what the MSRP on it would be. I don't know if it has been realeased but i'm guessing 35grand :shrug:

Does anyone know?

Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

$35K for an addtional 25HP? I'm not feelin' that.

I can think of several ways to get alot more than 25HP with a GT and an additional 5 grand...

But you're just speculating on the price, aren't you.

I don't think they've announced an official MSRP but I'd guess around $32k. It's just a GT/CS with the Ford Racing Handling and Power packages added on and of course the Shelby badge. I'm sure dealers will tack a huge markup on there as well.

Over on the "other forum that shall not be named" Amy B [President of Shelby] said that the targeted MSRP is 35K for the base version of the S-GT. The option list should help increase the price from that price point though.

The base car comes with the FR power pack and FR handeling pack installed and warrantied from your local Ford dealer. It gets all of the shelby badges, side scoops and the GT/CS rear bumper.

There is going to be a S/C option box on the order sheet as well. :)

That is what Amy wrote (refering to the S/C option box) I think I also read that bigger brakes might be included in the base car. But according to what I read these were just talks at this point.

Production is slated to start in December..?

Yeah and apparently Amy said they plan to have a full lineup of Shelby accessories ready to order from Shelby directly. Sounds like they're ramping up their business model.

The Shelby GT is certainly more than just a CAI kit, I don't think I need one (will consider a trade up if the Boss pans out) but if I was in the market this fall/spring for a new stang this one would certainly be it.