The official Lower Control Arm thread

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Im in the market for some Upper and Lower Control Arms, which are the best Tubular or Boxed or what. I preferably wanna stay away from adjustable, I just wanna bolt them in and not worry about adjusting them. Im looking at Summits Set for 219.99 they are Tubular with Urethane Bushings and are powdercoated, Im cant see spending 300 for the BBK set. How are the ebay brands, like D&D motorsports and Granatelli?? Chime if if you have any suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

Do a search for the Granatelli LCA's and you'll see the kind of horror stories those things have produced.

I would lean towards getting a set of Maximum Motorsports LCA's for mine, but I'm not really sure if I NEED the fancy-schmancy spherical bushing design on my ride, per se. I could probably just throw on a set of just about any other brand - UPR or Hotchkis comes to mind, or maybe Lakewood - and get along just as well. ANYTHING is better than the stockers ... except for the Granatelli's, because even the OEM LCA's won't fall apart on you like those will.

maximum motorsport for the lowers and i would chose something else for the uppers besides FMS. if u look at the ones from FMS there pretty much the same as stock. there not even boxed or tubular? for an extra 23-30 dollars i would buy some boxed uppers