Thief Passes on New Stang

topless beach

Mar 31, 2005
Some scumbag decided to pass on my new stang in the carport w/ the top down, and instead took the time and effort to steal my locked 1993 Accord.

Does this mean: 1) an old Accord is better than a new stang?
2) the alarm system in the stang strikes fear into criminals
3) crooks are really stupid
4) all of the above? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Ouch! Sorry to hear that! :bang:

Most car thieves want to do their thing quickly and get away as fast as they can. Assuming that your Mustang has the active alarm option, it has both an active and passive alarm system. It would take too much time to try and bypass both... since car thieves tend to be opportunists its quicker to just grab a car they can take in seconds.

Yeah--I'm afraid it's in pieces by now.

I've heard the stat about being #1 stolen car, but one that's 12 years old ?

Now I have to put the miles on the stang, not to mention my new fuel consumption level. I really enjoyed driving that little 4 banger because the stang felt so powerful when I would come back to it.

nbk13nw said:
I have seen incidents where a thief broke a window and reached across several $100.00 items to steal a $20.00 one. Go figure...

I have a friend who had his Jeep broken into before. He had a really expensive stereo system and other gizmos in it, but the theif took a plastic bag that had dirty clothes and some guitar strings in it, lol. My friend found the bag on the side of the road close to his house with all of the stuff still in it :rlaugh: .

Sorry to hear about your Accord topless beach. You are lucky he didn't steal the stang though, that would have sucked big time.

topless beach said:
Yeah--I'm afraid it's in pieces by now.

I've heard the stat about being #1 stolen car, but one that's 12 years old ?

Now I have to put the miles on the stang, not to mention my new fuel consumption level. I really enjoyed driving that little 4 banger because the stang felt so powerful when I would come back to it.

Car thiefs don't steal a car to sell the car whole, they send them to chop shops, cut em up, and get money for the parts. There is probably a much higher demand for parts for a 12 year old Honda than a brand new mustang. The Mustangs are all still under warranty and probably decently insured, making it likely that brand new ford parts will be used to fix any accidents. So the used parts market is pretty small for them. Now considering that a half million accords are sold each year, and the parts from the stolen accord can fit on several years worth of models, and all the cars are out of warranty, and many may be underinsured, the demand for used parts would be huge. No brainer for an experienced car thief.