Thinking about purchasing headers... advice needed

Well getting rid of the Mac Mid-pipe is out of the question for me, I am told everyday that I have the best sounding 2005+ by people I don't know ( I love it). Maybe I'll go with Ford Racing Shortys just to improve that sound, and maybe I'll pick up a few ponies on the way.

Thanks for the help!

• Sponsors (?)

so you for sure dont need at tune with MIL eliminators??? and if i can get away with the MIL elims what is a good company to go with? i think i had "Casper Electronics" on my 96 GT if i remember correctly.

the only reason i ask is because all i really want to do to this car is FRPP stainless headers with an O/R X-pipe and a short throw..and maybe a CAI (probably C&L)

if your going to get an intake you will need a tune so why "waste" money on mils when the programer can turn the O2s off and do the exact same thing? If you dont mine spending the money the mils will work fine, hell i ran my car for 3 days with out a tune or mils with my off-road pipes and it was fine.

if you want the cheap route, get the MILs. if you plan to get a CAI in the future, get the tuner.

if you want, i can sell you my used MIL eliminators. worked great for me before i got the tuner.

cLeAnRaCiNgLdR said:
Well getting rid of the Mac Mid-pipe is out of the question for me, I am told everyday that I have the best sounding 2005+ by people I don't know ( I love it). Maybe I'll go with Ford Racing Shortys just to improve that sound, and maybe I'll pick up a few ponies on the way.

Thanks for the help!

I have the ford shorties. They increase your throttle response and not so noticeable low end torque. They definitely bring out a different beast in the car, as far as sound goes. I would still suggest getting LT's like everybody else, though.

If you really want shorties though, the FRPP's are quite nice and I can't really complain :)