Thinking about selling my project car, pricing?

1973mach1

May 19, 2003
PA
Hey guys I gave up on my 1973 mach 1, it needs too much body work and I cant do body work, im a beginner and it turned into too big a project for me. Its a real 1973 mach 1, has a 1970 351c 2bbl with a FMX tranny which I pulled. It has the Boss guage package, center console, A/C, front power disc, Ford 9in rear, and a set of mag 500's along with a set of mach 1 steel wheels with hubcaps on it now. It has almost all the factory options.

So far I have added a new floating assembly, new fuel lines, new front disc brakes, calipers, rotors, bearings, brake lines, master cylinder, springs, perches, shocks, balljoints, I stripped, primed and painted the wheel wells and engine bay. All the glass is good, I also have a new cam and some 4bbl closed chambered heads to put on the engine when rebuilt.

Now the downside, the floor pans are gone, the cowls rusted bad, and the rear taillight panel. It needs A LOT of rust repair. I have no idea what its worth, could anyone care to take a guess? I know parts wise the 4bbl heads, center console, boss guage package, 351c, 9in rear are worth a few bucks. The engine and tranny are out of the car.

• Sponsors (?)

It's a shame you have to give it up, but good on you for being mature enough to pass it on to somebody else instead of just sitting on it for an eternity. It sounds like you have some good components, other than the body, but an ambitious person may take it on for the right price.