Mach 1 Thinking of adding another pony to stable!

Discussion in 'Special Production' started by 88-378, Dec 20, 2007.

1. 88-378

88-378 Member

i like the Mach 1's because of the shaker hood! (and of course the performance) does it shake a lot? Like the old T/A's?
  2. Crzyhrse

Crzyhrse Active Member

It will shake a good amount when you stab the gas. Under just normal idle it only shakes a very small amount. I'm sure with a different set of cams or alot higher horsepower it probably shakes alot under normal idle. Most people who don't know what a new Mach is thinks it's a supercharger.:D
  3. DOHC otto

DOHC otto Member

Like he said not much factory but there was a guy at the NMRA's in Bowling Green this year with a set of Comp cams and it shook like the ground in California :D very cool with cams but you'll need about 1100 bucks for a set.
  4. 88-378

88-378 Member

Are they easy to work on?
  5. DOHC otto

DOHC otto Member

Everything is pretty easy except headers most guys have to pull the motor to get them on the car but you don't flow that much better with headers because the 4v heads come port matched to the manifolds.
  6. rowapr

rowapr New Member

the mach shaker definately shakes with a power adder. i have a vortech on mine and i had to remove the two mounting bolts because it would hit the side of the hood. and the header install is not as bad as most people make it out to be. i took me 7 hours on my back to get mine in. just drop the k member. 8 bolts and it falls out