Thinking on a Purchase

kiddiccarus

The first widely accepted Tranny
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 24, 2003
30 Mins from a Ragged GT
Thinking on an Engine Purchase

Hello Rich,
I am selling a big package deal, I am selling 2 motors 2 transmissions, ecu and wire harness. One motor has all pistons, crankshaft, bearings, rings, rods. the other motor has to be time, and it will run, and that motor has everything inc/turbo the transmission are auto not t-5 I have a lot new for the head, stuff like ,cams, rockers, etc. the price is $950.00

That was the e-mail I had gotten back from the seller. I have not seen the products yet but plan to go and take a look soon. What Questions do you all suggest for me to ask when I go there?
I believe they are out of a Merkur

this is the e-mail I sent to him

on the 2 motors are they both turbo blocks? and do you know what year each is?

You said that one is complete and only needs to be timed? so that one has the complete engine, and turbo ready to bolt into the car right?

The other engine has app pistons, crank, bearings, rings, rods. Are these forged pistons or aluminum? And is this one a N/A or a Turbo? The Block?

The transmissions are they both auto with Over Drive? And what mileage are they?

The head pieces are they installed or are they loose?

I can pay 700 for the package; I also have to put my Motor cycle in the shop.

What kind of condition are the engines in? Have they been rebuilt? Or are they same as when they were bought? And what do they like like? Will they been to be cleaned and painted? I may write more lately but I wanted this to get out to you soon.

• Sponsors (?)

You ought to consider typing stuff in word or something so it doesn't have so many typos.

Sounds like a decent deal, nothing spectacular but decent. That is assuming the trannies are good.

Stinger

got more info on the parts. One motor is complete with turbo, ecu, transmission, wire harness, SVO Block (Still in the car) just needs timing work. The second block has ALL new stuff in it. Both motors are SVO, the pistons are forged, ($400.00 for the pistons) they have not been used. There is one other transmission with the package, the transmissions are not overdrives. The one motor does not have a turbo just the block.

Price fell to $750 and I am going to look and decide tomorrow morning. Pictures may be coming too Digital Camera....... so I think the deal got better than 950

got the pics