This would be a good option...

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by ZStanger, Dec 24, 2003.

1. ZStanger

ZStanger Founding Member

Maybe for the 2005+ Mustang, they should have the 5.0L Cammer as an option.

EFI Standard on the optional motor, Carburated as an option to the optional motor... :nice:
  2. Bone Racing

Bone Racing New Member

would be nice...but its not happenin

what would also be nice is if they release some of those crates
  3. Sir Hacksalot

Sir Hacksalot Founding Member

That's a big no chitter, talk about 'retro' bring back the classic fastback shape with a 5.0 engine...SWEET!

Too bad it won't happen.

Hax
  4. Jeffspeed24

Jeffspeed24 New Member

do you think there will be a rear window viser option for the 05?
  5. Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy New Member

If you want a 5.0L Cammer the car is going to cost LOTS and LOTS more money. Stop whining about the 4.6L and be thankful that the current Mustang GT isn't expensive. The people in here that are whining about this subject shouldn't even be considering buying a Mustang. Go spend $20,000 more and buy yourselves a Corvette. I am sick and tired of people complaining about not being happy with the 4.6L engine. The 4.6L engine will have PLENTY of POWER (300HP). The Mustang does NOT need a 5.0L because it will be very expensive to buy one if it had a 5.0L in it. Get this thru your heads. Or are you just plain stupid?
  6. nomuffler

nomuffler New Member

:rlaugh: Stop whining about people whining where noone is whining. NO car NEEDS and engine that big or powerful. Noone was talking about needs. Car enthusiasts like stuff like extra power.
  7. Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy New Member

When car enthusiasts ask for too much, the price on cars go up astronomically. Don't ask for too much when you already have too much on your plate to eat, or else you will choke. I don't want to see the prices of the Mustang skyrocket because of car enthusiasts wanting things on a car that will make it unaffordable for the rest of us. Be appreciative that Ford is going to have a 300HP engine in the 2005 Mustang GT. It's much more than what we currently have now in our 1999-2004 GT's, so don't complain. Anything more than a 4.6L engine in the 2005+ Mustang GT will cause this particular car to become unaffordable to most people. I guess that some people in here don't think about the affordability factor. I and many other car enthusiasts in here don't want to see the Mustang GT prices skyrocketing. I want this car to stay affordable so I can still be able to buy one 2-3 years from now. I think that you would want the same thing here.
  8. Z28x

Z28x New Member

Carburated engine would have no chance in hell of making it into production (nor should it). That would be like asking for drum brakes
  9. MarSaleenMustan

MarSaleenMustan Founding Member

:lol: I agree, a carburated engine would not meet today's fuel/driveability/warranty/ect. standards...

"When car enthusiasts ask for too much, the price on cars go up astronomically. Don't ask for too much when you already have too much on your plate to eat, or else you will choke. I don't want to see the prices of the Mustang skyrocket because of car enthusiasts wanting things on a car that will make it unaffordable for the rest of us. Be appreciative that Ford is going to have a 300HP engine in the 2005 Mustang GT. It's much more than what we currently have now in our 1999-2004 GT's, so don't complain. Anything more than a 4.6L engine in the 2005+ Mustang GT will cause this particular car to become unaffordable to most people. I guess that some people in here don't think about the affordability factor. I and many other car enthusiasts in here don't want to see the Mustang GT prices skyrocketing. I want this car to stay affordable so I can still be able to buy one 2-3 years from now. I think that you would want the same thing here."

Ron, dont get your panties in a bunch, he did mention it as an "OPTION", just like the SC 4.6L is an option in today's mustang, it just happens to be in the Cobra which costs more not only because of the engine but all kinds of other "better" components over its base V-6 and n/a 4.6L GT counterparts. And yes the EFI 5.0L would be a nice option for those lucky enough to afford it, but it would be a detuned 5.0L i'm sure, possibly be 350HP.... you know what, that would be real nice :nice:

:flag:
  10. 98Snake_Charmer

98Snake_Charmer New Member

Is the 5.0 cammer your all talking about the on the home page of stangnet. If so you are mistaken on it being carburated. I saw the car at sema and they are just throttle bodies with injectors hidden in them.
  11. SVTdriver

SVTdriver Founding Member

From what has been posted elsewhere on the forums it comes in 3 flavors. Regular, carbed, and supercharged.
  12. ZStanger

ZStanger Founding Member

Some of you need to relax. It was just a thought, I didn't want to ruin anybody's day over it... :nice: