Throttle body swap?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm all for the Junk yard dog.

Support the vendors or don't - as long as you keep your car running and get out of it what you want, that’s all good. Eventually you will have money to do it over again the right way or sell it to someone who prefers quality over JB weld... and you wonder why we have an almost laughable aftermarket.

I am co-owner of Forced4 Motorsports/Tiny Avenger; got into it for the cars, not for the money. Hell I work two jobs on top of this damn business to keep it alive. If you think that’s a load of crap then go price out CnC'ed laser cut aluminum plates (yeah, so you don't have to put a gasket between them) and a short run of the transition hose - the size is exclusive to the kit. (They'd never make you one and tooling the line alone would run you about $100.) Then add in the hardware, Pigtail and gasket... Hope you have deep pockets.

Oh, and thanks to that PRICE!; as Shannon put it, the adapter kit exists, albeit barely. That considered I guess it will be good news to some that the kit is being sunset. Ford has obsolete the 65mm Throttle Body, so wave bye-bye to an eight year running aftermarket part. Oh, did I mention the TB sells for $120 less than Ford Racing's MSRP.

Now for the good news - For those who supported Tiny Avenger and Forced4 by buying our products - well, future customers have them to thank... why you ask? Because support equals progress; and that makes it possible for us to development more aftermarket direct bolt on parts for the Ford 2.3. A pretty simple concept and quite possible even in a niche market if you don’t expect to get rich.

Cheers. :nonono:

Not to be mean, I was actually thinking of running one of these kits, But as a marketer you also know that some of these people have to do what they do just to get the job done. You said it yourself money gets tight, this is a nitche market and it is not going to expand. The 2.3T production line is dead, we as individuals have seen the daily driver advantages for this motor and the short track potential too. We can whine and complain about it but in the end It is not going to come back to the sales flor in a Mustang, Turbocouope, or a Merkur.

If I have to JB Weld a Part, drill it out, port an opening and bolt it to an existing part I already own I will. If I can come up with the money to buy a part that will cost me as much as the throttle body itself that I want well, I will indulge in that luxury.

I am so glad that there are people out there like you making the part or the cars to make life easy for me and a profit for you, but Shannon and latroca1 are doing the same thing by taking the foresight to alter an existing part without an adapter and that is why many many of us go and ask Shannon and others so much advise on parts and setups.

So, are you going to stop selling the adapter and the 65mm TB? Why dont you have a kit that comes with both at a disount for those of us that do not have either?

Afterall I am a consumer too.

Xaranthu said:
I'm all for the Junk yard dog.

Support the vendors or don't - as long as you keep your car running and get out of it what you want, that’s all good. Eventually you will have money to do it over again the right way or sell it to someone who prefers quality over JB weld... and you wonder why we have an almost laughable aftermarket.

I am co-owner of Forced4 Motorsports/Tiny Avenger; got into it for the cars, not for the money. Hell I work two jobs on top of this damn business to keep it alive. If you think that’s a load of crap then go price out CnC'ed laser cut aluminum plates (yeah, so you don't have to put a gasket between them) and a short run of the transition hose - the size is exclusive to the kit. (They'd never make you one and tooling the line alone would run you about $100.) Then add in the hardware, Pigtail and gasket... Hope you have deep pockets.

Oh, and thanks to that PRICE!; as Shannon put it, the adapter kit exists, albeit barely. That considered I guess it will be good news to some that the kit is being sunset. Ford has obsolete the 65mm Throttle Body, so wave bye-bye to an eight year running aftermarket part. Oh, did I mention the TB sells for $120 less than Ford Racing's MSRP.

Now for the good news - For those who supported Tiny Avenger and Forced4 by buying our products - well, future customers have them to thank... why you ask? Because support equals progress; and that makes it possible for us to development more aftermarket direct bolt on parts for the Ford 2.3. A pretty simple concept and quite possible even in a niche market if you don’t expect to get rich.

Cheers. :nonono:

I understand everything takes money, especially making money. 100 times now I've wanted to buy that kit and couldn't squeeze the money for it. I'm not running great times but they seem to be ok for what I have. Its gotten to be a little tricky working only 3 days a week, going to school, and somehow trying to build 6 cars. Just because there isn't a T-body does that mean there isn't a market for the adaptor kit? I'm very inclined to drop the money for the adaptor only, any time.

Also while you're here, I have been on the TA/Forced4 the last few days. I really need a clutch for the coupe. What kind of power capacity can the 2 different clutches handle?
EDIT: I'm really hard on clutches.

You can call Dave on the clutch. His number is in the contact info on the Tiny Avenger side of the site. He was going to drop them, so cross your fingers he can still help. He will also be able to answer in detail what those clutches are capable of. The six puck high friction clutch disc is rated higher than the eight due to construction, so that's the one you would probably want to go with. Hope you have a strong left leg. All else fails go with a Spec stage three... unless of course you toasted one of those already

As for the TB kits, We have plenty in stock. If you have your own or find your own 94-95 5.0 TB grab the kit when you need it. I still don't claim numbers, but our last customer reported going from a 15.2 to a 14.8 with no other mods. I attribute that to differences in the 60 foot, but he can't find the 15.2 time slip. It may be a slow SVO, but with a cracked E3 one would expect as much.

Z.