Roush Time to Build the Motor

It is about time for me to build-up my motor and I'm looking for some suggestions becaue I have read on many forums that the 3V is loosing rods just above 400rwhp. I have an '05 Vortech Supercharged Saleen that we are putting down 558 rwhp on a stock motor. So, can anyone suggest some good forged internal components to go with (i.e crank, rods, pistons). I am also considering bumping the displacement-up, though, I'm not sure how much; any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!

• Sponsors (?)

I've made many phone calls and spent lots of time on various forums, and what I consistently heard was, "ModMax, ModMax."

So, thus far, I have decided to go with:

Pistons: ModMax 17cc Power Dished 3.582"(+.030)
Connecting Rods: ModMax Forged H-Beam
Crank: ModMax Pro Billet Crank
Blower: T-Trim Upgrade from my S-Trim

I'm still undecided with regards to cams. ModMax makes that stuff as well, but I am partial to CompCams and their Stage II.

Also, I've noticed people tend to use the SCAT stuff as well, but don't personally know anyone around here that has personal experience with their products.

Any comments or suggestions??

Thanks for the input!

how keeps pushing modmax on you? granted, i had some decent luck with them back in the day, but if your dropping the coin on it all, sounds like some CP Pistons, Manley H Beams, cobra crank would be the way to go vs. modmax. I dont remember the modmax stuff having as high of a hp rating as what i listed. I dont think it would take much for you to push the modmax stuff to its limit

Saleen01-677 said:
how keeps pushing modmax on you? granted, i had some decent luck with them back in the day, but if your dropping the coin on it all, sounds like some CP Pistons, Manley H Beams, cobra crank would be the way to go vs. modmax. I dont remember the modmax stuff having as high of a hp rating as what i listed. I dont think it would take much for you to push the modmax stuff to its limit

+ one.

Scat makes some nice stuff but Tim's recipe is a nice one. Why don't you make it a 302 like the Parnelli Jones car just with lower compression so you can run a 302 emblem on the fender and lots of boost. Nice.

Saleen01-677 said:

I am aware of many people being very successful with the set-up you mentioned above and that is exactly what I was initially considering.
All of the ModMax stuff has ratings of above 1400 hp except for the pistons I am looking at which are rated at over 800 hp.

Whith the setup you mentionded above, how musch HP is possible? Folks around here are handling just under 1000 rwhp with that setup on turbo systems andI just want to know what my celiing is going to be. Someday, I'd like to give the guy down the street with a Copperhead Twin Turbo Viper with 1200 rwhp a run for his money:D

If you want that much HP maybe you should consider one of these Mustangs.

p51.jpg