Tires?

ArkansasMystic

Feb 16, 2007
I'm in search of some new tires for my 96 Cobra. The car is my daily driver, so I need something good in wet and dry conditions. I have used Nitto 555's and liked them, but they seemed to be horrible in the rain. I now have some Hankook all season tires, and they seem to do as well as the 555's on dry and better when it's wet. My wheels are 17x9, I'm probably gonna run 275/40 rear (or maybe 285/40 if it is made) and 255/40 (or 255/45, which is best?) front. I don't like the feel of the 275/40's up front I have now, so looking to go narrower. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

The Toyo Proxes 4 seem to have good reviews and do well year round. The big name tire places don't seem to have them though (discounttiredirect, tirerack, etc). Do you know a good place online to get them?

I put on BRIDGESTONE RE760 Sports, These are a relatively inexpensive tire and work EXTREMELY well in everything I have thrown at them. I've ran more expensive tires like the T1 and GS-D3 and for less money these did everything those tires did. I wasn't impressed with the D3 at all.

I want the KDW NT but they only come in a 255/40, can't get the 275/40. I'm leaning towards an all season type tire, I've had good luck with them thus far. My only real concern is that I may be going from 3.73's to 4.10's, so I know traction will be an issue.