to cut or not to cut?

greenGTstang

Jun 9, 2006
I'm stuck in a predicament..

1996 Ford Mustang GT. Stock

I'm stuck whether or not i should cut off my stock mufflers and install some Flowmaster Delta 40's on my stock piping.
Or
Buy a whole complete exhaust system with the Delta 40's.

I know its cheaper just to buy the mufflers, but..

what do guys recommend?
PLEASE help me out here :( , i hope nobody else asked a question similar, i already searched on the site, and figured i could ask straight out.. im still a noob with a stock mustang that i would love to mod.
THANKS!!!

• Sponsors (?)

magnapacks was my second option.. after listening to the sound clips on mustangexhaust.com, the magnaflows might just be my pick...
THANKS..:)

btw, nice stangs DropTopPony and GDawg.. i like the stance of the stangs.:hail2:

If you plan on modding, you will regret buying the weldin flows. Eventually you will get a catback, so IMO you should do it now. But I would go with another company...I hear of alot of those flowmasters rusting all up, or pieces coming loose inside the muffler.

I have magnaflows, and LOVE them....although on a stock midpipe they are about as loud as stock.

TJMaxx when you had ur x pipe installed, how did you go about avoiding the check engine light? I'm getting my BBK x-pipe by tuesday, and I have the magnaflow magnapac catback. I want to know how to avoid the check engine light, I dont understand what it is the mil eliminators are. I have a thread in here about it, if you have any tips look for my name as the author, easy to find. Or anyone with tips for that matter. And dont worry not breaking any laws using this for the track.