To drift or not to drift

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

TheDukeOfEarl said:
Well the flick is what you will see at national championships. You will be in Topeka in Sept. wont you? I will. The flick is the proper 180 method for high HP high weight rear wheel drive cars. E-brake is for someone that can't figure out how to transfer weight through trail braking.
The front wheel drift is straight from Ryan Stevens of Velocity Racing Team in Japan. Maybe you are the one that should do his homework. Oh and I have attended many events. I was at the JGTC at Calspeedway last year there were a few drift events.. Oh wait. I was driving there too. You have heard of the JGTC and D1 haven't you. The 04 event that brought drift to the USA?
You are in Florida. I guess you have maybe seen the Daytona 500? If you look at the trophy its my great uncles trophy. The Harley Earl trophy. Oh lets see.... The first Corvette race car was made by GM for my cousin and the corvette was my great uncles dream and design. I have been involved in cars all my life and racing for over 30 years and I instruct high speed driving and teach several racing programs. I currently race a mustang with NASA.

Here are some links since you can't seem to do any research for your self. I guess its easier to just shoot off your mouth.

http://streetracing.tiora.net/japan/drift/drift1.htm

http://www.carofthecentury.com/hje's_trophies.htm

Damn, you somebody ain't ya?? Don't matter who your relatives are . . . look at A. J. Foytes kid. :D

Thanks for the links but I've seen them and more.

Anybody can be an Instructor in California, I've Raced SCCA and been to some schools out there and they are just looking for warm bodies. :shrug:

hotrodnut said:
Damn, you somebody ain't ya?? Don't matter who your relatives are . . . look at A. J. Foytes kid. :D

Thanks for the links but I've seen them and more.

Anybody can be an Instructor in California, I've Raced SCCA and been to some schools out there and they are just looking for warm bodies. :shrug:

If you have seen the links then why have you never heard of front wheel drive drifting? Its talked about in the first link.(First sign of BS. forgetting your lies)You tried to insult me and say that I had never been around cars. I was just posting links that I had been around cars all my life and my entire family had been around cars.(second sign of BS. Insult and offer nothing as far as real information) Now the flick.. I thought you said you were some big regional soloII champion and you have never heard of a basic thing like the flick? I guess our teaching out here is semi ok because we teach what the National drivers use. I sure am glad I didn't step in you because you sure smell like BS

Oh and warm bodys for teaching?

9.1 NASA Provisional Instructor License
A NASA Provisional Instructor License may be issued to anyone meeting with the
approval of the School Director , Chief Instructor , and Event
Chairman . Any one or more of the following guidelines should be
considered:
1. A current (or recently expired) NASA, SCCA, Grand AM, or IMSA (PSR) competition
license.
2. Qualifications to instruct for other schools such as Skip Barber, Jim Russell, Bob Bondurant, etc.
3. Three years or more, of racing experience, with an acceptable record of conduct.
4. One (1) year or more, of teaching experience with the BMW Car Club of America; Porsche Club of America; Viper Days, Inc.; Proformance, Inc.; Porsche Owners Club; etc. with a letter of recommendation from the club’s Chief Instructor.
9.2 NASA Instructor License Eligibility Guidelines
An Instructor License may be issued, with the approval of the School Director, and the Chief Instructor, to anyone meeting all of the following conditions:
1. Completed the Instructor Provisional License probationary period and Instructor Training Program.
2. Instructor’s License Application completed and submitted.
3. Applicable fees submitted.
4. Current NASA membership, in good standing .
5. Submitted a 1" x 1" passport photo (by mail or email to [email protected]).
6. Approval of the Event Chairman or Regional Director.
Note: All Instructors must submit a completed Instructor Entry Form for each event or enter online.

10.0 NASA INSTRUCTOR PROGRAM
10.1 Purpose
The purpose of this section is to outline the most important responsibilities of a NASA Instructor. The HPDE (school) program is very important, and the NASA Directors strive to keep it one of the most well run programs in the United States. NASA does not allow teaching of advanced curriculum in the regular HPDE program. NASA recommends professional racing school for that purpose. Teaching the basics to a beginner is the most important job in NASA. The Instructor is the first one to make an impression on the
beginner. They have the power make the beginner’s first experience safe and
enjoyable. But if improperly handled, the beginner may not find the safety and
enjoyment that will bring him/her back another time. The NASA Instructor has a purpose to ensure that the beginners enjoy their day and do it safely. No one can be forced to learn. The NASA Instructor’s duty is to allow the beginner to have fun, and it’s their obligation to ensure their own safety as well as the safety of their student. The following outline describes what is expected of a NASA instructor.
10.2 DUTIES OF NASA INSTRUCTOR
10.2.1 Supervision of students.
All Instructors are responsible for proper supervision of their students. They are required to know the whereabouts of their students at all times. Instructors are responsible for the actions of their students.
10.2.2 Schedule.
The Instructor must be on time. The Instructor must report to the Chief Instructor or any event Official when required to, whether scheduled or not. The Instructor must attend all scheduled classroom or clipboard sessions with their students.
10.2.3 Student Curriculum.
The Instructor must fill out, and turn in, a Student Report sheet for each student to registration at the end of the day. Alternatively a region may employ the use of “HPDE Passports” as a way of tracking the student’s progress.
10.2.4 Student Lunch Period.
Instructors should allow each student at least thirty (30) minutes to eat lunch at each event.
10.2.5 Questionnaire.
Instructors are required to ensure that the students have filled out and submitted the questionnaire, provided one is being used.
10.2.6 Classroom/clipboard session.
There should be a classroom session or a clipboard session between the Instructor and his/her students immediately following each on track session. The Instructor should quiz
each student on knowledge of the CCR at least once during each session. A “download session” for all the participants of each group, immediately following their session is strongly recommended.

TheDukeOfEarl said:
If you have seen the links then why have you never heard of front wheel drive drifting? Its talked about in the first link.(First sign of BS. . . . . .
Earl, sorry this is all I will read of your long post since you are WRONG again. I didn't say I never heard of front wheel drive drifting, I said, "Sounds like that is close to impossible", I've seen it done and they do not Drift like drifting is intended to be with RWD vehicles, it DOES NOT work the same with FWD. Good day! :notnice:

hotrodnut said:
Earl, sorry this is all I will read of your long post since you are WRONG again. I didn't say I never heard of front wheel drive drifting, I said, "Sounds like that is close to impossible", I've seen it done and they do not Drift like drifting is intended to be with RWD vehicles, it DOES NOT work the same with FWD. Good day! :notnice:

If you have seen it done then how could you say "Sounds like that is close to impossible". If I have seen something done I would never say that. Your statement "Sounds like" Is saying you have never seen it done, so once again I call B.S.

U. M. Please close this one down. This guy is really getting old and the BS is getting deep.

TheDukeOfEarl said:
If you have seen it done then how could you say "Sounds like that is close to impossible". If I have seen something done I would never say that. Your statement "Sounds like" Is saying you have never seen it done, so once again I call B.S.

U. M. Please close this one down. This guy is really getting old and the BS is getting deep.

Geez, I can’t believe I am wasting my time on you Earl but you have provoked me to do so. Plus I can’t believe this has evolved over me saying to use the E-brake to go around a single pylon. ????????????????? What’s up in your mind?

I have been a long time member of Stangnet and have not tried to boast who I am because I consider myself a Motor Head and nothing else. I am here to learn about Mustangs and to help fellow Mustang owners with my experiences with Mustangs and to learn from others experiences. I am no better than the other guy when it comes to life or vehicles.

I have swayed from Bragging (like you) of who I am because I don’t believe in ringing my own bell (also like you).

So, don’t play the you are SOMEBODY S___ on me Earl.

I will not post/brag (like you) about who I am again.

I have been racing as many years as you are old. All forms of it too, drag racing, flat track, hill climb, road racing, auto-x, circle, dirt and pavement, it didn’t matter, whatever I could afford and do at the time.

I wish you would quit copying and pasting your knowledge from other literature that you found on the Internet to make yourself so big in your own eyes.

Let me tell you who I’ve ate Lunch/Dinner/Supper with and whom are very good friends of mine from the Racing World because of who I am, not who I WANT TO BE: (I’ll bet you can’t tell me ¼ of them as to what they race or who they are, even though they are all National or World CHAMPIONS).

Here they are:

Jackie Stewart
Brian Redman
Hurley Haywood
Terry Earwood
Don Gartlits
Scott Lagasse
Scott Lagasse Jr.
Ron Emmick
Price Cobb
Scott Pruitt
Reed Sorenson
Lynn StJames
All the Whittington Brothers
Kevin Schwantz
Debra Gregg
Peter Gregg
Roger Edmondson
Harry Gant
Danica Patrick
Jerry McKart
Jim Downing
Elloit-Forbes Robension
George Montgomery
Ed Bargy
Chris Dyson
Tom Neil
Keith Code
Regan Smith
David Ragan

I have DESIGNED and BUILT Formula Ford, Super Vee and Formula Atlantic Race Cars that have WON NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, period!! Also along the way, I also have done Racing Karts!! All in my own ownership, not from Family connections or Money.

Again., I have done this all on MY OWN not from FAMILY MONEY or FAMILY REGOGNITION like you.

I refuse to lay my whole Racing Resume on you, but here is a briefing:

NHRA Drag Racing Record Holder.
SCCA Track Record Holder (many).
World Karting Track Record Holder (many).
24 Hours of Daytona TEAM Track Record Holder.
Solo II Champion
WKA Champion
SCCA Class Champion
NHRA Class Champion
IHRA Class Champion
AHRA Class Champion

I have bought and sold many Race Cars including Formula 1 and Indy car greats Cars.

I have worked for and Designed Products for many IMSA Teams as well as SCCA, WKA, IHRA, AHRA and NHRA. Some designs have even brought me PATENTS!

I have been to several Racing/Vehicle Schools that include the following:
Vehicle Control School
SCCA School
Terrorist Evasion School
Highway Patrol Police Pursuit School
Skip Barber School
Keith Codes California Superbike School
Kevin Schwantz Suzuki Championship School
Accident Evasion School
Emmick Karting School

I have managed different race tracks in the USA, been Team Managers, Designed and Built all sorts of Racing Vehicles in my life time because of my knowledge and experience.

I don’t care who you think you are, you are not any better than anyone else on this board, just like I am not, we are all just “Car Guys and Gals”.

Oh yeah, Meat, just because you don’t like drifting don’t go busting my chops!

Wow built all those cars and ran teams and still had time to set NHRA records and daytona rolex records and first man on the moon and discovered the new world and yet you drive a POS 03 mach 1? (sorry to all the other mach1 owners. I really dont mean its a pos) Dang thats amazing. Did you stick a broom up your azz while you did all that so you could sweep the floor too?

How do you know what I have done or what my family has done for me? I never made and claim of it. I never listed anything like that. You tried to say I had no car history or experence. I just posted a couple things that showed maybe I did. You keep reading a lot of things that are not there. You have some serious issues about reality. You Are a flat out liar. You should really seek help. You just said you would not post or brag then you just did. You cant even tell your self the truth. You are a liar of the worst kind. Go back to your little world and beat your dog.

"Let me tell you who I’ve ate Lunch/Dinner/Supper with and whom are very good friends of mine from the Racing World because of who I am, not who I WANT TO BE: (I’ll bet you can’t tell me ¼ of them as to what they race or who they are, even though they are all National or World CHAMPIONS)."

Here they are:
Jackie Stewart....... Three-time formula one racing champion

Brian Redman..... Too much history to list. formula 5000, daytona. ISMA champ.

Hurley Haywood... Lemans, Indy, Daytona. Doesnt he have a car dealership now?

Terry Earwood... Was one of Skipps chief instructors. I think he is back east right now teaching if he is still alive.

Don Gartlits ... Wow cant even spell his name right... Close friend? You can just call him Big Daddy. Its GARLITS you bafoon

Scott Lagasse... Winston cup, Bush.

Scott Lagasse Jr..... NASCAR trucks

Ron Emmick
Price Cobb
Scott Pruitt
Reed Sorenson
Lynn StJames
All the Whittington Brothers
Kevin Schwantz
Debra Gregg
Peter Gregg
Roger Edmondson
Harry Gant
Danica Patrick
Jerry McKart
Jim Downing
Elloit-Forbes Robension
George Montgomery
Ed Bargy
Chris Dyson
Tom Neil
Keith Code
Regan Smith
David Ragan

Thats 1/4 of them want me to list more? Shame you can't even spell your friends names.

well i for one i am 14 and have drifted at a drifting school. and it was fun. if you want ill upload the video for you all to see. its like 20 seconds long. pm me and ill show you

Status
Not open for further replies.