top speed with 4.10s?

• Sponsors (?)

gt500

The GT 500 will do 185 with stock gears and no rev limiter...

The supercharged Mustang GT is lighter with a bit less power so I bet it would reach similar speeds.

This is an article from popular mechanics...

The GT500 is unique in that its speedometer is actually calibrated to a number commensurate with the car's abilities. A stock GT500 is limited to 155 mph, so it makes sense that the car's speedometer reads only to 160. Given that every hot-rod hatchback now has a speedometer that reads to Mach 10, the delimited Mustang offers a rare opportunity: the chance to pin the needle. Which it does, with extreme prejudice. At 160 mph, this thing still has a long way to go. In fact, at the 15,000-foot mark, where the Camaro was touching 170 mph, the Mustang is already at 180. And still pulling.

While the Camaro ran into a wall of aero drag at 174.4 mph, the GT500 bumps up against its redline, supercharger screaming, at 184.7 mph. The late Ford GT, with sleeker bodywork but only 10 more horsepower, is good for 200 mph, so it seems logical that the Mustang has a few more miles per hour to unlock. Given longer gearing, I'll bet this thing could hit 190. Still, I'm impressed: If you had this car on the autobahn, you could pull up behind a Porsche 911 (top speed: 180 mph) and flash your headlights in the international signal for "get out of my way, slower car." That's a rapid Ford.

Read more: Mustang Shelby GT500 vs. Chevrolet Camaro SS: Which is Faster? - Popular Mechanics